All reviewsbath housethe riverclosed for the seasonenjoyed our staycampingcampgroundpadgravelfolkssmokies
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed 4 days the second week in sept,the price was ok i think 30 somthing a night.the showers were clean and it was close to cades cove.we have a 24ft travel trailer.they have some spots on the creek which cost more but we didn't need that we just wanted a place to leave our camper so we could do some hiking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steph W
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Planned a Memorial Day trip with two other couples and their kids. Two families (including mine) got a cabin and the other had a pop up. The couple with the pop up had to cancel about a month before the trip.

Upon arriving we found out that the staff had cancelled one of the cabins along with the pop up site when the familiy with the pop up cancelled thier reservation. All three sites were under different names and on different credit cards. How the hell does that happen? They said they had one campsite open and that the familiy that got the shaft could have it for free...one problem...we got a cabin so we didnt bring a tent or camper. I guess we needed to sleep on the rocks outside? The end game was the family who got thier reservations inadvertantly cancelled, got a refund (amazingly) and an account credit worth the 3 night stay and we got our pet fee refunded and an account credit of 10% for our next stay. Other reviewers are right, no refunds no matter how much notice you give them.

Luckily, we are all from the area and the familiy that was with us actually had inlaws across the road at another campground. So we tried to make the best of it and we all hung out at their place across the road during the day, we stayed in the cabin at night, and the other familiy (with a 3 and 4 year old) drove 20 minutes each night and morning back and forth to their house.

So, what about the cabins you ask? Well lets just say they were terrible. The main breaker kept getting kicked and knocking out the a/c in all the cabins. The couch/sleeper sofa was infested...I had to get bug killer and lysol and spray it down. My wife slept in the loft (no matress) with our kids and I udes the table bed because lord knows what was on the couch. None of us got a good nights sleep.

The onyl surprise was the cabin had a bathroom, whihc i dont recall being advertised. That was good for the middle of the night bathroom breaks. However, the place was gross. The shower was nasty and basically useless. We used the bathhouse for our showers. The bathhouses were as expected. Neither better nor worse than other campgrounds.

The campground is way over crowded. Too may sites shoved into one place. I would compare it to trying to goto Panama City Beach on a relaxing family vacation. Not happening. If you want to party, go here. The place was loud into the wee hours of the morning and there was one camper who had a dog that wouldnt shut up and no one did anything about it.

The only good thing about this place? The people were very nice. Not sure if they are always like that or if they went over and above due to the "situation" they put us in. I can only imagine if they had done this to a familiy that drove a few hours to stay here.

Just plain and simple...stay away.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank sparksjr
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Management is horrible and not honest, unprofessional as are the entire staff. Will NOT refund deposits even though we cancelled over a week in advance-were not told when reservation was made that there were NO refunds. When I called last week to cancel I spoke to eveyone at the office, but the owner, who I was told was the only one I could talk to about the deposit being refunded, they offered a raincheck only! It the owner almost a week to return my call, only to tell me that there was NO refund, I could have a raincheck. I told her we weren't told that, but she said it was on the webiste, reciepts etc. I guess they get alot of money from people this way. When we made the reservation EVERYONE was SO nice, but when I cancelled....it was a different tune. We are not even staying (nor will we EVER or refer anyone else to that campground) I would suggest staying away from this campground!!!!!

4  Thank tndolly1228
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our stay at lazy daze was horrible it made our tent smell awful my friend sliped and hurt her neck we did not stay our entire time it theas gross we could not sleep because it was too loud the pool was gross there were bugs in it the mud ruinined my shoes the womens bathrooms were not functional the mens room had no locks both the showers were gross

5  Thank co s
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We checked in at this campground on 8-1-2012. I wish that I had never booked a cabin here because they will not refund your money! We had not seen the camping cabin we booked before we signed the form but that did not matter to the managers. They told us that they would not give a refund under any circumstances. There were LOTS of problems with the facilities. The camping spots are very small with almost no parking space for one small car. I do not know what you would do if you had a truck. The screened front porch was so small you could not hardly open the door to get past the rocking chairs. If more than one person was on the porch at a time you could not pass them to get into the cabin. The cabin was dirty and very musty! The cabin was also horribly hot. The owners will not run the ac before you check in to save on energy costs. I could understand this except that the ac units are so old that they will not cool off the cabin quickly enough to be able to sleep at night if they do not run all the time. The bed of the cabin was in a SMALL room divided by a wall from the ac unit. We had to leave the ac on the entire time so the person in the bed did not burn up. However, whom ever was in the living room on the futon couch froze to death. Also, the owners told us when we booked the cabin that there was enough room to use an air mattress. But, you could not walk between the futon bed and the air mattress with out climbing. There was no where to store anything! The bathroom door would not shut all the way. The kitchen sink sprayed water everywhere when you tried to use it. The cabin was infested with ants!!! The owners told us that you could not put any food in the cabin. They said it had to be stored in your car. You were told not to put any trash in the outside cans because they have bears. What happens if the bears get a whiff of the food you store there? They also lock the dumpster, so, I am not sure how one gets rid of trash. The pool was small but clean, however, the bath houses were old, smelly and dirty. The worst part was the management. One of them actually used curse words at me when I asked for a refund! They kept lying every time I went in. They made ugly gestures after we drove past them for the rest of our stay. They told us not to worry if we did not have ac but their office was kept at 60 or below. However, the "camp store" did not hardly have anything in it except lots of Mary Kay products. If we had the money we would have gladly left and went somewhere else. We will not stay there again!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!
5  Thank MCJC274