All reviewsbath housethe riverclosed for the seasonenjoyed our staycampingcampgroundsitepadfolksgravelsmokies
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Management is horrible and not honest, unprofessional as are the entire staff. Will NOT refund deposits even though we cancelled over a week in advance-were not told when reservation was made that there were NO refunds. When I called last week to cancel I spoke to eveyone at the office, but the owner, who I was told was the only one I could talk to about the deposit being refunded, they offered a raincheck only! It the owner almost a week to return my call, only to tell me that there was NO refund, I could have a raincheck. I told her we weren't told that, but she said it was on the webiste, reciepts etc. I guess they get alot of money from people this way. When we made the reservation EVERYONE was SO nice, but when I cancelled....it was a different tune. We are not even staying (nor will we EVER or refer anyone else to that campground) I would suggest staying away from this campground!!!!!

4  Thank tndolly1228
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our stay at lazy daze was horrible it made our tent smell awful my friend sliped and hurt her neck we did not stay our entire time it theas gross we could not sleep because it was too loud the pool was gross there were bugs in it the mud ruinined my shoes the womens bathrooms were not functional the mens room had no locks both the showers were gross

5  Thank co s
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We checked in at this campground on 8-1-2012. I wish that I had never booked a cabin here because they will not refund your money! We had not seen the camping cabin we booked before we signed the form but that did not matter to the managers. They told us that they would not give a refund under any circumstances. There were LOTS of problems with the facilities. The camping spots are very small with almost no parking space for one small car. I do not know what you would do if you had a truck. The screened front porch was so small you could not hardly open the door to get past the rocking chairs. If more than one person was on the porch at a time you could not pass them to get into the cabin. The cabin was dirty and very musty! The cabin was also horribly hot. The owners will not run the ac before you check in to save on energy costs. I could understand this except that the ac units are so old that they will not cool off the cabin quickly enough to be able to sleep at night if they do not run all the time. The bed of the cabin was in a SMALL room divided by a wall from the ac unit. We had to leave the ac on the entire time so the person in the bed did not burn up. However, whom ever was in the living room on the futon couch froze to death. Also, the owners told us when we booked the cabin that there was enough room to use an air mattress. But, you could not walk between the futon bed and the air mattress with out climbing. There was no where to store anything! The bathroom door would not shut all the way. The kitchen sink sprayed water everywhere when you tried to use it. The cabin was infested with ants!!! The owners told us that you could not put any food in the cabin. They said it had to be stored in your car. You were told not to put any trash in the outside cans because they have bears. What happens if the bears get a whiff of the food you store there? They also lock the dumpster, so, I am not sure how one gets rid of trash. The pool was small but clean, however, the bath houses were old, smelly and dirty. The worst part was the management. One of them actually used curse words at me when I asked for a refund! They kept lying every time I went in. They made ugly gestures after we drove past them for the rest of our stay. They told us not to worry if we did not have ac but their office was kept at 60 or below. However, the "camp store" did not hardly have anything in it except lots of Mary Kay products. If we had the money we would have gladly left and went somewhere else. We will not stay there again!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!
5  Thank MCJC274
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Camping cabin was filthy! Footprints were visible in the tub! After placing groceries in kitchen we learned it was infested with ants!!! We promptly notified the management, they did nothing, no spray, no care, no reaction only excuses. 24 hours later they still had done nothing. No refund. We had paid for all the nights and then had to pay again for a hotel for the rest of our visit. Don't waste your money here!

Room Tip: Look before you pay!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank buforddillard
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am so glad we decided to try out Lazy Daze Campgrounds for our family get together. The cabins were clean and the staff were extremely helpful. When we checked in the staff offerred us discount tickets on tubing which was next door. They were also helpful in providing us discount tickets to the Aquarium. They went out of their way to find us the best zip lining package for our group and even made the reservations. The staff went above and beyond what was required of them and we appreciated all of it. I say the staff because it wasn't just one person it was all the staff. I would recommend you giving them a try and be mindful of what is listed on their website for items you need to bring.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family