My family and I stayed in A Valley View Hideaway cabin. The cabin itself had a wonderful layout-
-tall ceilings, large kitchen, wrap-around deck with a great view, 3 fireplaces (2 inside and one outside), 2 bedrooms, and 3 full baths, which made getting ready in the morning less stressful. It was located in a fairly secluded area making it a very private cabin. The cabin also had a washer/dryer and fully stocked kitchen, which included all the cooking pans, cups, utensils, etc. It had dish soap and a dishwasher which made it really easy to clean up after ourselves.
The downsides we encountered include the following:
-The general cleanliness of the cabin--the couch cushions were fairly stained and there were lots of dead bugs on the floor and in the couch cushions, There was also a lot of dust in areas that are just out of reach, i.e. fans, fireplace mantels, above windows, etc. The bathrooms, bedrooms, and kitchens, however, felt clean.
- The cabin itself was a bit difficult to find not because of the directions given, but because there are no signs to indicate you are on the right path, and because it is fairly secluded we started to doubt if we were going the right way.
- Be aware that even if you are staying for only a few days (such as my family was staying) you are only given a certain amount of toilet paper. If you run out, you have to buy your own. I recommend bringing some with you, as we did run out.
All in all the pros certainly outweighed the cons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Laurel Valley...A fourteen-hundred acre gated community located in the quaint mountain village of Townsend, Tennessee.Bordered by The Great Smoky Mountain National Park and the Laurel Lake Nature Preserve ... Our picturesque views and natural beauty are protected from development and change only with the seasons. At the heart of the valley is a beautiful and challenging eighteen-hole golf course, which is open for daily-fee play. Conveniently secluded at the entrance to the National Park and only minutes from Knoxville ... Life in Laurel Valley can move as fast or slow as you choose ... And whether you prefer acres of privacy or a golf villa overlooking manicured fairways ...Laurel Valley Mountain Resort is Smoky Mountain living at its finest. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Dogwood Cabins At Trillium Cove Hotel Townsend