“Beautiful View and Very Spacious”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Dogwood Cabins at Trillium Cove
Taylorville, Illinois
“Beautiful View and Very Spacious”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I stayed in A Valley View Hideaway cabin. The cabin itself had a wonderful layout-
-tall ceilings, large kitchen, wrap-around deck with a great view, 3 fireplaces (2 inside and one outside), 2 bedrooms, and 3 full baths, which made getting ready in the morning less stressful. It was located in a fairly secluded area making it a very private cabin. The cabin also had a washer/dryer and fully stocked kitchen, which included all the cooking pans, cups, utensils, etc. It had dish soap and a dishwasher which made it really easy to clean up after ourselves.

The downsides we encountered include the following:

-The general cleanliness of the cabin--the couch cushions were fairly stained and there were lots of dead bugs on the floor and in the couch cushions, There was also a lot of dust in areas that are just out of reach, i.e. fans, fireplace mantels, above windows, etc. The bathrooms, bedrooms, and kitchens, however, felt clean.

- The cabin itself was a bit difficult to find not because of the directions given, but because there are no signs to indicate you are on the right path, and because it is fairly secluded we started to doubt if we were going the right way.

- Be aware that even if you are staying for only a few days (such as my family was staying) you are only given a certain amount of toilet paper. If you run out, you have to buy your own. I recommend bringing some with you, as we did run out.

All in all the pros certainly outweighed the cons.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was the third time we have returned to stay at the Bethany House. It is in the Laurell Valley area and kinda overlooks the golf course. First time we came in the spring when there was no leaves on the trees. A nice house which our boys enjoyed staying at. Its kind of a family tradition to come stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patrick K
Kentucky
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the 'Amazing Grace' cabin in Townsend for my best friend's wedding. It is so relaxing and peaceful there. The cabin itself was beautiful! I've seen where people have complained about smells, bugs, and other random picky stuff. Remember: you're going into the woods. There are bugs. When the seasons change from warm to cold, they want to come inside. This pretty much rings true to everyone's home. I did have a few small spiders but it's to be expected. Nothing really to freak out about.
The kitchen was well stocked. I was able to whip up a dinner without having to fumble around searching for anything. The hot tub was clean, and I learned while I was there that the staff completely drains it after your stay and scrubs it down before refilling it, which is very reassuring.
The beds are very comfortable. I don't have a mattress like that at home and I wish I did. Basically, the entire place is somewhere I want to revisit over and over again. I can't wait to go back.
The staff at dogwoods cabins are amazing!
I had the unfortunate experience to have my transmission go out while I was there. Kathy was so nice about me having to stay an extra day and even offered to take me to a store to get food items I would need for the extra time I was there. She is completely amazing. A beautiful cabin kept up by good hearted people!!!
Thank you Kathy for making my stay a wonderful experience!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Kamikaze74b
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2012

A good friend of mine was married at the Lily Barn and many friends and family, including myself, rented cabins within Dogwood Cabins at Trillium Cove. I was able to see several of the cabins and must commend the property's cleanliness! The more expensive cabins are certainly better in regards to views and amenities but even the lower budget cabins were pleasant! (Angel's Loft and Above it All were exceptionally amazing!!). The staff was friendly, accessible and easy to work with. Check-in/check-out was the easiest and quickest I've experienced. The restaurant on site was outstanding - great food with many options! I highly recommend booking a cabin with this company!

Room Tip: Definitely recommend driving through the property and visually checking out where each cabin is loca...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank businesstraveler009
Birmingham
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in Townsend for a wedding, we stayed at the Tree House cabin in mid-October. I was not sure what to expect, the reviews on Trip Advisor were great for all of the cabins, but I could not find a review for our specific cabin, Tree House. The pictures on their website made the house look a little dated. Overall we had a great time. The house was extremely roomy, very clean, and overall very nice. The leaves had not fully fallen so we were not able to take full advantage of the view. The fields below the house were amazing. The house is very close to town and all of the stores and is easy to get to. We would definitely stay here again. The only draw backs were that the TV’s were very dated which made it difficult to watch the great fall football games.

Room Tip: the Tree House Cabin was very nice.....there were actually 3 full bathrooms at the cabin....the webs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lugoff, South Carolina
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a great time. We were at the top and it was so awesome!! Thank you ladies for all your hard work. We will be back for sure! I hope this cabin will be available and this time with gas. So that we could have a night on the deck with fire & music! Other than that,Townsend was a sweet town!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Midland, MI
Reviewed August 28, 2012

In mid-August, we spent a week in Home Away, one of the rental cabins from Dogwood Cabins in Townsend. It was an overall excellent experience, as the entire family loved the cleanliness of the cabin and the solitude it provided. An earlier person mentioned the steep grade of the road leading up to the cabin. That's true; the road is very steep and narrow, but you'll get used to it when driving through the mountains.

The cabin itself is spacious, clean and well-maintained. The beds were comfortable, and our daughter loved using the hot tub with the view of the mountains. It was great to be able to cook meals in the kitchen and use the charcoal grill on the back deck. Although the golf club has a nice pool with a spectacular view, the food at the Laurel Valley restaurant is only average. Save your money and cook in the cabin; it's so relaxing and peaceful.

Although Townsend is a bit removed from some of the area's more well-touristed sights, we eventually saw that as an advantage instead of a drawback. Yes, it would have been quicker to visit Roaring Forks and Clingman's Dome if we had stayed in Gatlinburg. But all it takes is one drive down the tacky, touristy main strip of Gatlinburg before you long for the serenity of your cabin in Townsend. Besides, the cabins at Dogwood are only 30 minutes from Cade's Cove, which is probably the best part of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank woehrleja
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Townsend Gateway Inn
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 91 in Pigeon Forge
The Lodge at Buckberry Creek

Been to Dogwood Cabins at Trillium Cove? Share your experiences!