“Nightmare!”
Review of River Rage

River Rage
Ranked #22 of 34 things to do in Townsend
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't recommend taking a child under 10 on the upper unless they are a very good swimmer. Even with a life vest some of the rapids are very rough. The company doesn't make you wear shoes but if you go without you could be seriously hurt. I had on water shoes and a rock cut through my shoe and cut my toe pretty badly. I would also ask before you pay, the conditions of the river if you have never tubed like this before. Had we known before we went that it was fast due to rain, we would have waited. The company should give you this information prior to making you pay, but they don't seem to care about much more than getting your money. The 3 adults in my group all left with cuts and bruises. We lost glasses, and shoes. If you decide to go and can't make it to the end, the people at the camp grounds office will call for the van to come get you. The only bright spot of the day was the food at the restaurant. The pulled chicken with sweet and spicy sauce is amazing!

1  Thank Brandi6878
"bucks"
in 4 reviews
"creek"

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We had so much fun, we did the upper river twice today. Can't beat the price either. Other companies charge more but have shorter river trips. Definitely worth the money.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The service was awful. No information was given and the staff acted like it was a burden to serve us. They told us we could take a bag of drinks and then told us that we couldn't once we had already purchased our tickets. They interrogated us like police, and were overall rude, after we had payed and would not refund us our purchase. The vans were in terrible condition they continued to be condescending towards our group the entire time. This place is terrible.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I experienced this first time adventure and we had a blast!!! ALL the staff were super friendly and very helpful, they answered all our first timers questions and even gave us tips for the trip. Not sure why the other reviews are complaining about all the danger, ALL the other companies were on the same river as us and was experiencing flip overs and fast rapids. We just used common sense and held on for the bumpy ride, if your unsure about rafting(tubing) then I would advise you to go to pool tubing. On a good note I would like to thank all the staff there that made our trip fun and exciting, we will see ya again next year! One more thing...overall we had a really great trip to Townsend it was our first, everyone seemed nice and helpful. The ONLY bad thing there is Townsend Laundry Mat, the owner or manager was VERY RUDE, and their washers were NASTY we went right down the road to Lazy Day laundry mat, it's open 24/7 and it's super clean and cheap!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We ate at the restaurant first before tubing- There was only 1 other table when we got there, so we had our pick of tables. By the time we were done 5 other tables had come in and they put all of them directly next to us, basically in one section of the restaurant and the rest of the place was empty. Very strange. The waitress was nice, but the girl at the counter when we paid was EXTREMELY rude. She had an attitude towards our waitress, told us the girl did the check wrong when actually she didn't. If you hate your job that much, get a different one. The girls in the tube rental place were very nice. But, the bathrooms and changing area were disgusting.