“Very nice stay”
Review of Riverstone Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Townsend
Riverstone Lodge
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family stayed at Riverstone Lodge for 3 nights at the end of July. We really enjoyed our stay there. Our kids loved the pool and and really enjoyed it, it was always clean. The rooms are older but clean and I really liked having wood floors instead of carpet. The beds were very good which is a really big deal for me. My husband loved the fire pit and having a fire there every night. We would definately stay here again but would stay in one of the larger rooms just because of the size of our family. The owners are very nice. I would recommend Riverstone Lodge to others who are looking for an economical place to stay.

2  Thank Babuh1996

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had about 12 rooms rented for our family reunion... No one had any major complaints... Anything minor was addressed by mgt. ASAP. The bathrooms are very small in older bldg. and the wall AC units are somewhat noisy...beds were comfortable. But for the price it's very good... River out back, restaurant next door (good food, a longer wait for lg. groups) , everything else close by... Cozy fire pit area at night w/smoker grills and shady area to relax in daytime. Pool nice but small. Again, go pay more if you want everything new and fancy!

Room Tip: Check online or in person for viewing
1  Thank Belmquist
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We hadn't been to Townsend in years so on a whim we came for a two day visit to the area and chose Cades Cove first. Upon arrival we discovered that there was a VW convention in the area and most of the hotels were booked. We were glad to find a room at Riverstone Lodge because it was getting late after we had been searching the area for vacancy's. Let me say that Rustic is an understatement. This facility is OLD and extremely outdated. They do build a campfire and have somewhat of a gathering place outdoors. There are out side rockers and seating in front of your room. It is primarily constructed of block. The tiling is very old. The rooms have AC units that really work very poorly. I didn't see any bugs but it never felt really clean. There was a sewer smell in our room so I asked the owner for spray to help the room smell better. Turn the AC unit off to thaw it out trying to get it to work better. The pool is tiny. As were were packing up to leave I found a coke 12 pk carton under one of the beds that proves the cleaning wasn't up to par. Glad to leave, really disappointed. Townsend is a lovely place, family oriented and my family has been coming here for years. Cades Cove is always beautiful and the pace is so nice compared to PF and Gatlinburg. You can enjoy nature there. Owners spend the money and update this place, keep it nice for people to enjoy for years to come.

Room Tip: Look at the B& B's or Cabins to make your next reservation I know I will or consider camping...
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had to leave because I can not sleep when im hot very clean nice staff but the A/C ruined it for me and my wife we tried to tough it out but it kept kickin off i tried to turn down the temp did nothin we were in room 14 dont know if that helps but it wasnt because the heat outside because we checked in at 2 am so plz fix the A/C and we would go back

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tannercanesfan89
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family, husband, daughter and grandparents, stayed here for a few nights. It was really enjoyable. It's not fancy, but clean and roomy. The staff was friendly and helpful. It's location is also a plus. Away from all the traffic and congestion. Would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We had connecting rooms which were great.
1  Thank Ricnln
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. With all the convenience of microwave, fridge, flat screen tv/cable. Our carpet was newly shampooed. Close to the national park entrance. Restaurants close by. You can bike and walk/jog around the area. Friendly staff. Saw the picnic tables and big grill. Ice machine available.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank catyap
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have always loved Riverstone Lodge since I was a kid. My family has stayed here many, many times over the last 18 years. Its set off from the road a bit so you don't have a lot of traffic noise. The rooms are nice but simple, always clean. Depending on which room you get the bathrooms can be cramped or spacious but always clean. The beds are AWESOME! There are rocking chairs all along the outside of the hotel so you can sit and watch the hummingbirds. You can walk down to the river that runs behind the hotel and watch people tubing. Spend all evening in the pool. There is a relaxing area with picnic tables, swings, and fire pit. The restaurant next door is great and if you go in the evenings you just might get to hear some piano music being played. Perfect location if you are wanting to go to Cades Cove or drive into Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. There is a campground nearby so in the evenings you have the wonderful smell of campfires going. If you are looking for something fancy, this isn't it BUT if you are looking for a nice, quiet, relaxing, family-friendly hotel then look no further. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Heather N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Townsend Gateway Inn
Dancing Bear Lodge
Dancing Bear Lodge
#1 of 10 in Townsend
Highland Manor Inn & Conference Center

Been to Riverstone Lodge? Share your experiences!