“Bang for your buck!”
Review of Riverstone Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Townsend
Riverstone Lodge
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
Maryville, Tennessee
“Bang for your buck!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This place was great! Not big, no frills but just perfect! The rooms were clean and well appointed. Pool was clean, cool and refreshing. Very important to me that a hotel pool is clean. Wonderful, yummy restaurant on site and close to tubing sites, horseback riding, etc. My favorite part was the live music at the bbq pit common area where we just listened to music and relaxed, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Wonderful memory! The river is also right behind the property, you can walk right in. For the money, this place is worth it and than some : )

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Vista, California
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Nice place to stay in Townsend. Owner was very friendly and told me about a music concert at the other motel they own in Townsend. Right next door to the best restaurant in Townsend (this is what all the locals told me). Nice pool which was very refreshing on a hot day. They have a chalkboard outside for guests to leave any comments or suggestions. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SirEdward7
horton,al
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This makes the 4th year in a row we've stayed at riverstone lodge. Love it and love the people. Friendly owners and staff. Quaint and peaceful. Thanks Terry and Belinda.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Riverstone Lodge is the cleanest lodge I have ever stayed in. It was small, comfy, and quite. The owner's were always around, making sure that my stay was what worth what I paid, and gave me alot of helpful hints on some of the out of the way places to enjoy GSMNP. If your looking for a Ritz Carlton type room, this is not for you, but if your looking for a small, affordable place, thats clean, and the owners are there for your every need, then this is the place for you. As a matter of fact, I am booking a stay with them tomorrow for this fall!!!!!! Loved it!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank kmccullar
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2011

The people that run this lodge is are very nice and this place would be fine to stay for older couples or single travelers for overnights. However, as a mother of a toddler I would not stay here again. The carpeting is dirty and the furniture/bedding/bathrooms are rundown and not clean. We left after a couple hours of my 14 month old touching all of the dirty items in this room. The upside is that the river is in the backyard and it's beautiful to take a walk back there for a peek. Again, the staff is very pleasant and the restaurant attached is wonderful but I wouldn't stay here with small childen!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
East TN
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We had an emergency on January 29 (gas leak in our house) and I had to find somewhere to go close to home. I didn't want in my town or the next town over on the other end, so I went to Townsend (the next town over on the OTHER other side!). I called them and got a great rate and we drove up - abt 40 min. or so. OH MY GOSH THIS PLACE IS AWESOME! The room was VERY CLEAN - it smelled SOOO GOOOD when we first walked in! The bathroom was spotless as was the room. AND BOY OH BOY - THE OWNERS are WONDERFUL! So nice! They have done a lot to make everything homey and make you feel like, well, like you want to LIVE there! I highly recommend this. I want to go back ASAP. Great people! Great place! OH - and the restaurant is good too! MMMMM!! The thing below says, "Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?" Not only would I recommend it to a friend, I would would also recommend it to my enemy, as God says that we are supposed to LOVE our enemies. :-)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I cannot say enough great things about this place. I haven't had time to write a review and have never done one, Belinda and Terry are so nice! Terry helped my daughter feed the birds. The salt pool is wonderful. We really enjoyed the park area and bluegrass band they had playing. My kids liked it here as much as Cades Cove. You can walk to the restaurant next door (you get a slight discount if you stay at motel) and even get forgotten items, ice cream and souvenirs at the KOA store on the other side of the motel. RSL reminds me of the neat places that used to be but have all but disappeared and I hope it never does. The rooms are nice, basic and clean. I like to stay in a quieter part of the Smokies and this place is right near the entrance to Cades Cove so it's a good location for exploring the other towns like Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, but away from the craziness. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Townsend Gateway Inn
Travelodge Inn & Suites Gatlinburg on the River
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#7 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Riverstone Lodge? Share your experiences!