“The best cabin around”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Bear Hill

_DSC1367
_DSC1374
_DSC1371
DSC_1289
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
NorthStar...
“Bear Hill Turned Into Beeks Peak”
Reviewed October 19, 2018 for a stay in October 2018

When we booked with TripAdvisor, we booked Bear Hill at Dogwood Cabins in Townsend, TN. The day before we left to go on vacation, I called the office at Dogwood Cabins to see about a key because we would be arriving after midnight. I was told that they didn’t have my reservation. I had a TripAdvisor Confirmation code, but that didn’t make any difference. I even had a response from the owner when I sent him a message after we had booked.They had rented it to someone else. They did put us in a 4 bedroom cabin called Beeks Peak. Thank goodness we went in our 4WD truck or we would not have been able to get up the driveway to the cabin, especially since it was raining. I assume we would have had to rent a hotel room if we couldn’t get up the hill. This is something that needs to be mentioned beforehand. The water in the cabin was awful!! It was a gold color. Evidently it has always been that way because the inside of the toilets were stained that color. Also, the jets in the whirlpool tub were also this color and dirty. Obviously we couldn’t use it. The downstairs smelled damp and musty. It was in the 40’s at night and we never found the thermostat to turn the central heat on.

I would not rent this cabin again. The cabin itself was comfortable, but just needs some changes.

Gary Peets

Date of stay: October 2018
danihopi8...
Maryville, Tennessee
“The best cabin around”
Reviewed August 5, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

I just wanted to say that I fell in love with this cabin the very first minute I stepped foot into it. The view from the back porch is great and at night you feel like you are sitting in the middle of the stars. With all the great decore one can really tell the person put great effort into making you feel like you are home. And downstairs, wow, it's a whole other story. Love, love everything about it! We will definitely be back! ❤️❤️❤️

Date of stay: July 2018
andrewbR6...
Newhebron, Mississippi
“Incredible! ”
Reviewed June 1, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We stayed here for our Anniversary and we will definitely be back! From the amazing view of the porch, to the spacious living quarters, this was the perfect getaway! It’s in a quiet community, with quick access to Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains Park, and Cade’s Cove. I believe the best kept secret about the location is the Wild Laurel Golf Club located inside Laurel Valley Resort. Such an unforgettable trip, we would highly recommend, and most certainly be back!

Date of stay: May 2018
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
With millions of reviews and protected online payments, Tripadvisor helps travelers book your home with confidence.
Set up your free listing