“Enjoyed out stay after I cleaned the cabin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Old Smoky Mountain Cabins
Bennett, North Carolina
“Enjoyed out stay after I cleaned the cabin”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at Creekside on Webb Rd in Townsend, TN. Over all we enjoyed our stay and the cabin was cute. It was nice to be so close to the creek. The owners are friendly. It is close to Cade’s Cove which is a must for us. Now, for the bad part.
The website and brochure state the cabin is new. There were entries in the guest book dating back to 2007. From the pictures the cabin looks secluded but is actually only 200ft off Webb Rd. The cabin was dirty. I found long black hairs in the bed sheets. They could have been left by the person who made up the bed but who wants to take that chance. The pillow shams had obviously been used by guest as regular pillow cases and yet not washed. They were sticky and greasy to the touch. The shower curtains had mold growing on them. (this was easily killed with soft scrub with bleach so why had it not already been cleaned). Cobwebs were everywhere and lots of dust rabbits (too big to be bunnies) were in the corners and under things. My family set off to Cades Cove and I set off to clean the cabin.
After washing all the bed clothes including the spreads and shams, running all the dishes through the dishwasher, cleaning the bathrooms, and sweeping we were ready to enjoy our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SAMBBOO

Solo
Business
louisville
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I've stayed in Townsend at several rentals..... when i read these reviews i see the cabin names do not belong to the businesses they are wrote about.So in fact they are LIES & MISINFORMATION.
OLD Smoky Mountian Cabins are the original ones to have the name, however over the years other's have done similar names to steal off there business, now there bad reviews are following.
Dream Catcher is one of the most popular cabins Townsend has to offer and ive stayed there several times. No Bugs except outside....after all its the woods.
it's sad to think that lies & misinfo could let families miss out on such a great spot.
the owners feel like family to me and couldn't be more helpful. I'll see them soon i hope

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Callie777
west monroe, la
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My family has stated at these cabins each year since they were built. The location and set up is perfect for us. The cabins are right on the Little River and we have enjoyed many tubing adventures while there. They are also convenient to Cades Cove which is a family favorite outing. While the cabins have a great location, they have not been attended to in years. The past several years we have found them dirty and in need of much repair. Last year we made a list for the owners of all the repairs and dirt found hoping this year would bring better accommodations but nothing was done. We found cobwebs, spiders ants and dust galore. I woke up two nights with something crawling on me. The mattress had no cover which is gross in a rental property. I would recommend for the location but if u are looking for something clean this is not the place.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank tiercetravel
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The cabin and the conditions are poor. Cabin was dirty and had bugs.

• Stayed July 2011
Elkton, Maryland
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We rented Mallard's Rest and our friends rented Angler's Retreat. We were assured both these cabins were motorcycle friendly and they were NOT. Cabins were old, furniture was old and worn. Pots and pans were old and were something we would not cook our food in. Trash containers were filled to the brim when we arrived, though there was a little room the next morning after animals had dragged trash out and spread it all over the yard. We forfeited our money and moved to the LaQuinta Hotel in Pigeon
Forge the next day rather than ruin our vacation. No wonder they have a no refund policy! Cabins are so far from the beaten path that going out to eat wasn't an option. We had no food with us, and in order to reach the cabins before dark, we decided to go out later for provisions. Bad weather prevented us from going out and we were afraid we wouldn't be able to find the cabins in the dark, so we lived on protein bars for the evening. I would never recommend wasting your money on these cabins unless you are a hunter with very low standards.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank margewimmersberger
Seymour
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I stayed in The Creekside Cabin on Webb Rd. in Townsend , Tn along with some friends. The cabin was adorable and would have been a wonderful getaway except for the fact that the cabin was very dirty. The loveseat had a very big hole in it and was extremely dirty. The placemats on the kitchen table had food all over them. The coffee pot had old coffee grounds and water in it. The floor had so much dirt, food etc. on it that it had to be swept twice. The bathroom was filthy, clearly not cleaned between renters. The microwave, stove, refrigerator, and blender were also dirty. I actually went to the store and bought $20.00 worth of cleaning supplies and cleaned the cabin before my other friends arrived. We saw 2 roach bugs. The decorations on the wall were very cute but were covered with dust and spider webs. The TV remote was taped together. Most of the light bulbs were burned out. The outlet in the bathroom did not work. What could have been a wonderful, well-needed getaway turned out to be not so wonderful because of the uncleanliness of the cabin. I have stayed in many cabins in Townsend and this is my first bad experience.The owners were friendly and nice but definitely need to clean up their act. I unfortunately would not recommend this cabin to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank bizziemom
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 30, 2006

This was our second stay with Smoky Mountain Cabins; my husband and I were actually married there several years ago and they have since made many upgrades for the wedding program and facilities they provide.

However, the cabin we stayed in the second time was actually dirty when we got there. We soon found out why: the vaccuum was broken (although, that didn't necessarily explain the dirty bathrooms with hair and foul things stuck to the floor and inside of the showers. The rental company refused to replace the vaccuum, or even let us borrow a vaccuum for the week.

We did receive a winter booking discount (and stayed in the summer), so our total was $1300+ for one week in a 3 bedroom, 3 bath, with loft and game room cabin.

I would reccomend going with a different rental company when visiting the Smoky Mountains near and around Gatlinburg, Tennessee. There are so many to choose from that settling for less than wonderful shouldn't have to be an option!

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Tremont Lodge and Resort
Highland Manor Inn & Conference Center
Blackberry Farm
Blackberry Farm
#1 of 1 in Walland

Been to Old Smoky Mountain Cabins? Share your experiences!