“Enjoyable”
other travelers have booked this property
Hideaway is nestled in the woods with mature trees and mountain laurel.
Hideaway is on a fairly level road and driveway, easily accessible from Hwy 321 even during winter. A variety of trees surround the cabin for privacy, seclusion, and natural beauty.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Hideaway is nestled in the woods with mature trees and mountain laurel.
Remolded Spring 2015, our kitchen is fully equipped and well stocked.
A custom-designed stained glass backsplash looks like the peaceful water that flows in the creek.
An antique Hoosier cabinet adds charm to the modern kitchen.
With the queen size sofa sleeper, Hideaway on the Creek can sleep up to 4 people.
The wood-burning fireplace, with wood provided, warms the 30- by 12-ft, open living/dining area.
The fireplace in the heart of the cabin and  new hardwood floors throughout add warmth and comfort.
The bedroom features a unique art deco bedroom suite and memory foam mattress.
The spacious deck is surrounded by mature shade trees, laurel, and wildflowers.
The covered front porch offers tranquil views of the creek and wooded hillside.
Relax in the hammock by the creek under a cool canopy of shade trees.
Now this is living!
A small wildflower garden graces the entrance to Hideaway on the Creek.
Hideaway on the Creek is cool and shady in the summertime.
The gurgling sounds of the small spring-fed creek  just steps from the cabin add to the serenity.
Wildflowers are abundant in the Spring and Fall!
The side view from the porch is lovely year-round, with no other houses in sight.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
George M
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed December 6, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Quaint cabin, well stocked. I’m sure very lovely in summer! The sounds of the creek were very relaxing. We used cabin as base for visiting the park and Dollywood, scenery not great in winter but can imagine how beautiful in other 3 seasons

bkmotors
Howell, Michigan
“Perfect rustic cabin in the woods”
Reviewed December 5, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

My wife and myself really enjoyed the cabin. It was super clean and the bed and
pillows were super comfortable. Everything you need was neatly kept in the cabin and They had a great library. I would book again. Easy to find...good location

Dec 6, 2017
We appreciate your business and positive review. Come again anytime!
GraciePit...
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“It felt like a home...”
Reviewed October 27, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The best compliment I think I can pay is that Hideaway felt like home for the five days I was there. My sister and brother-in-law were with me for the first two days of the visit and we all commented that it was a place we could live in long-term.

The new leather coach was very comfortable, so much so that I didn't need to use the extra fold-away bed stored in the living room closet. Furnishings and appointments throughout were unique and fantastic-absolutely nothing cookie cutter about this place. Loved the photos above the fireplace, nice touch! And the kitchen had everything you could think to need, from excellent local coffee (can be bought at the Townsend IGA) to pots, pans, etc. I made a dessert one night and discovered I forgot to pack the 9x13 glass baking dish it specifically called for and didn't think there was a chance there would be one, but there was! It was great.

The setting was perfect as well - after my family left I couldn't have felt any more comfortable, feeling as if I was far off in the woods, but knowing the main street was just a half mile away. And I enjoyed very relaxing hours in the hammock by the creek. The afternoon after a morning rain, the sound of the creek while reading was something I wish I could have 'bottled' and brought back with me.

Would highly recommend staying here!!

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you so much for your positive and detailed review! We are always delighted when our guests feel at home...that is our main objective! The photos above the fireplace, by the way, were taken and given to us by a frequent Hideaway on the Creek guest, which makes them even more special. I also think it's awesome that you found just the right pan for your dessert. We do try very hard to anticipate our guests' needs :-) I hope that you can come stay at Hideaway again and will make it your home away from home.
William C
“Weekend at Hideaway in the Creek.”
Reviewed October 10, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The cabin was everything the owner said it was. Couldn't have asked for more. Peaceful beautiful setting.

Oct 13, 2017
Thanks for your feedback, William. We're so glad that you enjoyed your vacation!
jimwagner...
Chicago, Illinois
“Comfortable”
Reviewed October 7, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Close to town but not to close, really felt like we were in the country and away from it all, well stocked kitchen, comfortable bed, very clean and plenty of information on the area history, reading material & suggestions.

Your age range 50-64
thepooh66
Lelystad, The Netherlands
“We loved our home away from home”
Reviewed September 19, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

We just spent 2 weeks at Hideaway on the Creek and we loved it. The cabin doesn't feel like a rental cabin at all thanks to all the personal touches Myra and Rob added to it. From the moment we sent our first booking request they were very responsive and pleasant to work with.

The cabin is very clean and comfortable and the amenities are amazing, everything you need is there and more. We ate in the cabin most evenings and the kitchen is well equipped too.

The location is perfect, on a quiet road in the woods but close to Townsend and Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

On our last day there was bear on the road and in the woods by the cabin. We been lucky to see a lot of bears but this was a unique experience, we had a private viewing from the deck.

Hideaway on the Creek felt like home away from home to us and we will certainly return in the future.

Sep 22, 2017
We appreciate your kind and detailed review and are happy that you felt so at home. It's great that you had a memorable but safe bear encounter. You're certainly welcome back anytime!
AnitaP327...
“Great!”
Reviewed August 24, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This is quiet seclusion at it's best! Very private with just the right size for 2 people. Very clean. The small creek was so calming. I would recommend this to folks that want to get away from traffic and noise or people in general.

Aug 28, 2017
We're so glad that you enjoyed your vacation, Anita, and hope you'll come again. Thanks for your positive review.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing