“loved it”
Review of Talley Ho Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Townsend
Talley Ho Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Talley Ho Inn is the only place I stay when visiting the Smokies. It's a great alternative to the mass confusion of Gatlinburg and extremely accessible to the park. Rooms are spacious and I love the private balcony/patio. Beautiful views and staff are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 24, 2012

After Best Western refused to rent the room we needed and we had booked far in advance, we arrived at Talley Ho. Two Entrances inside motel, room in front with bed. Large room in back with a long vanity, closet, microwave, mini refrigeratior, separate bathroom. CLEAN.
Staff very friendly and helpful. Recently remodeled. Good Rates. They also have cottages.
We faced the road, however because Townsend is in the country there was no noise.
I highly recommend this motel. The pictures on the website have not been changed since the re-motel.

Room Tip: They have different kinds of rooms, cottages, ask for the kind you need.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Don't be persuaded by high reviews, this place is old, dirty, and the beds sag unbelievably. These owners have never upgraded this place, the original fixtures are still in the bathrooms and are substandard. We travel a lot for our business and stay in lots of cheap hotels...this ranks at the bottom. We are looking for another hotel in the area to switch to tonight.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank we4farm
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is our second stay at the Talley Ho and we had a very quiet and enjoyable vacation. The pool there is so nice although not as clean as we would have liked. We were often the only ones in the pool and the temperature of the pool was great. There are more restaurants there than there used to be. We were able to walk every day and really appreciated the view of the mountains from the deck. Found the rooms to be very clean and no bug problems at all. Good shower and comfortable beds! We will go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had a nice restful stay. The room was very quiet. We stayed in a room that had been updated. I always check the room out for cleanliness when we first arrive. We got in very late. The room we were in looked clean until I got into the bathroom. There was a pair of men's underwear hanging off the shower rod. The toilet seat was old and urine stained on top and bottom. The surface was peeling on the seat from the urine and/or cleaners. It had been cleaned though. The rest of the room appeared clean but I coated it with Lysol just to be safe. Twice during our stay I mentioned these issues to the front desk staff neither time did I get an apology or really any comment. The location of the hotel is perfect we would stay here again but if we had not gotten in so late I would have requested another room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheryl c
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is the first review I've ever written. We stayed in room 146 yesterday and were shocked by the dead knats and live spiders in our room. There were at least 60 dead knats in the bathroom by a frosted window. I had to remove the spider webs and dead insects in the bathtub before I could give my daughter a bath. My husband removed at least 8 live spiders from the room and I saw others that we just left alone. The bed sheets itched my skin, not sure if this was from detergent but I've never had that happen before? I wouldn't recommend this hotel and won't visit again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pam111980
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This property is older, but the rooms are LARGE and views are INCREDIBLE. If you stay in one of the back buildings (E), there are large grassy areas for the kids to run and play. The back porch is spacious with beautiful mountain views. There is a sink in the bathroom and in the dressing area which has been a help getting my daughter dressed while someone else is showering. Everything in our room has been very CLEAN which is a big factor to me even if the interior is not brand new. I have snacks in the room for our daughter and have had zero issues with bugs or insects. You can get right on the bike trail that runs through Townsend from the parking lot, and our daughter has enjoyed the outdoor pool. No complaints during our stay at the Talley Ho. We normally camp in the area, but it was nice to just pull up to a clean and well situated hotel room for a quick weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Choose building E in the back away from the road and with big open green space for kids to enjoy som...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
TalleyHoInn, Owner at Talley Ho Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are glad that you had a pleasant experience during your stay in the Smokies. We hope you come back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Townsend Gateway Inn
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 92 in Pigeon Forge
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel

Been to Talley Ho Inn? Share your experiences!