The Wright Cabins
Highland Manor Inn & Conference Center(Townsend)(Great Value!)
$120
$129
$130
Best Western Cades Cove Inn(Townsend)(Great Value!)
$110
$105
Agoda.com
Townsend Gateway Inn(Townsend)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotels.com
Talley Ho Inn(Townsend)
  • Pool
All reviewsdoves nestriver queenlittle riverhot tubgatlinburg or pigeon forgefull kitchendeckcabininternetdrivewaywoodswinggrill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My family and I have stayed at Riversong cabin multiple times - we just can't stay away. This cabin is very cute and is frankly one of the cleanest rental properties we have ever stayed at. It is truly an escape from our busy everyday lives. There is a covered garage area and motion lighting that really helped us feel secure. Both bedrooms are a good size, with a stacked laundry in one of the closets. The bathroom was well stocked with plenty of clean towels. We really appreciated the free wi-fi and cable, and we had no problems with the internet reliability when we did want to use our laptops. But neither were really necessary as we couldn't stay off the fabulous deck outside! We could pass the whole day relaxing out there, watching the river and sometimes animals go by. We saw a gorgeous heron. We don't fish, but I'm sure it would be a great place to try as we did see some in the water. Our kids loved playing in the shallow river area - so much fun. The river is literally steps away from the stairs off the back deck. The owners recently did a small expansion off the side of the kitchen, allowing for more space for the kitchen table, and it looks really nice. We had everything we needed here. We actually met the owner - extremely nice lady who made sure we were happy for our stay. I love coming here because it's warm, homey, CLEAN, and all your basics are covered as far as the bathroom and kitchen. So leave your worries at home...Riversong is our second home! It has a wonderful location, set back off the road just enough but very convenient to Townsend when we needed to make a run for any supplies, or to visit Pigeon Forge or the Park. We definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsey K
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I have had the opportunity to stay at Riversong Cabin several times, and it is always a delight. We prefer the quiet, peaceful side of the Smokies and love to come here to have a couple days of relaxation and quiet. My husband loves to fly fish and while he wades the river, I am content to watch from the large deck and just listen to the "river song." The cabin has one large dining/kitchen/living room, 2 bedrooms with queen sized beds, and a full bath. There is also a deck large enough for dining, swinging, or just relaxing. We were happy to have internet and cable for when we wanted to check in with the rest of the world. The kitchen is well equipped with all the basic equipment for cooking. Stackable washer/dryer is available should you need to do laundry. Overall, it is one of most comfortable and relaxing places we have ever rented, and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We've stayed at the Wright Cabins a few times now. We love the location, you can drive right into the National Park, just a few miles down the road and you aren't right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge--but you are close enough to go there. The cabins are natural, no frills, but you have everything that you need. So, if you want a mountain experience, the Wright Cabins are for you!! Our cabin had a porch swing, hot tub and a fireplace. Just remember that you are in the moutains, so our cabin had a very steep incline, however, they have other cabins that are on flatter ground--whichever you prefer. I love that you can take your pet with no hasstles, our pug loves the fresh mountain air!! I will stay with the Wright's again and I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My lady, our dog and I en route to Canada. Wanted to spend a day in the Smokies so booked The Wright Cabins after reading a review on TA. Very glad we did as they were indeed the (w)right cabins for us. We were in the Crow's Nest - quant one-bedroom loft set up with lots of space. Comfortable for all three of us. Well equipped. We didn't use the hot tub but it was set up to go if we had wished. Great access to the park. Townsend infinitely preferable to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg - very quiet and undeveloped still. Cabin clean, lots of hot water, nice and quiet. Well worth staying in. Two minor quibbles - no vent over stove so wouldn't want to cook here for too many nights; no dry firewood - great fireplace but I ain't no boy scout - finally for fire going after liberal use of firestarter blocks. Will stay again if in area - so nice to be able to have our canine family member with us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roger61Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2012

In response to the negative review about Riversong in 2011, I would like to give you my review of Riversong Cabin. I live in Alabama and my sister-in-law and I refer to Riversong, as our home away from home!! We have visited there about 5 different times since May, 2012. Riversong is quaint, cozy, relaxing and has the most well quipped kitchen of any rental property, I have visited. It is like going to your favorite aunt's. I have NEVER experienced a problem with Internet connection. I have an IPad which I always take with me!! We have NEVER had a problem with the refrigerator???? The review in 2011, is inaccurate and unfortunate for such nice and accompanying folks as Warren and Peggy Wright!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family