“This place is the worst.”
Review of Reelfoot Lake Inn

Reelfoot Lake Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Tiptonville B&B and Inns
“This place is the worst.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I saw another place on the way but unfortunately my room was prepaid by the group I was with. The carpet was stained worse than any hotel I've ever seen. I took two of the pillows to the office where the manager said the stain was because of the bleach!? What does that even mean? Anyway, they never replaced the pillows as promised, dead bugs on the window sill and no ice or vending. One of the guys working here was pretty much begging for tips in the parking lot. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank kenamcmahan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Keyesport, Illinois
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the end of April, 2012. The room they gave us was on the second floor. When we started up the stairs to our room, we had to walk through dog feces. It was all over. Then when we got to the top of the stairs, the room next to ours had a trash can sitting outside the door that was emptied all over the walkway and it had bathroom trash with toilet paper that had human feces. This stayed this way for the two days we were there. We had to step over it to get to our room. The room wasn't cleaned on the second day. There was no toilet paper, no towels or washcloths. My husband had to go ask for some. They advertise a continental breakfast, but the door was locked, nobody around. I think there are people that live here full tme because there was furniture sitting outside the doors . The place was filthy outside everywhere. We did see a cleaning cart that sat outside of the office door, but it must be there for show, because we did not ever see it move, or ever see anyone use it. The health department must never check this place, if they did they surely would shut them down.

Room Tip: They don't have a rating low enough to rate this place. Big fat zero!
Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Sharon G

Travelers are raving about these Tiptonville hotels

Munford Tn
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My fishing buddy and I spent the night of 4/19/2012 at this motel. The rooms were super clean. They appear to be well maintained. The staff was helpful and friendly. We had a pleasant experience at this motel and will definitely stay there on our next fishing trip.

Capnbarber
Memphis TN

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Capt J Larry B
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I've been to Reelfoot several times. My dad also took us there growing up and rented a cabin & boat. The lake grew on me. In June of 2011 I got the room for 3 nights. I went in side and the floors were stained beyond belief. The room smelled offensive. The AC was
full of dead insects and the bed had, believe it or not, someone else's hair.

I paid cash. I drove around for a few hours and came back. Mr Rodragez said that he would pay me back. To this day, he has not and has displayed a terrible attitude.
I'm going to have to take him to court.

Please, do not stay at this hotel! You're better than that. I'm honest, I didn't want it to come to this. YOU want a clean cool room for your family, please take to heart

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
12 Thank life03
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 16, 2010

After riding all day on my motorcycle in 95 degree plus temperatures I arrived to a room that was literally the same temperature as the outdoors even though they knew I was coming. The room was stark with no decoration whatsoever. I turned on the a/c and the fan on the unit had the velocity of a small battery powered fan. The unit was undersized for the room. Any a/c unit, that's sized properly, will cool the space down to at least 75 in one hour. After an hour the temp had maybe dropped to 85. While I was sweating my butt off waiting for the room to cool I tried the wireless internet. The signal was too weak and it didn't pick up in my room. That was it! I took the key back and told the lady I was checking out. She offered another room, but I refused. Some of the other reviewers stated that they would not refund their money. I learned that lesson years ago, that's why I ALWAYS use my credit card when purchasing items or obtaining lodging. Guess what Reelfoot Lake, honorable marine owner, I will contest the charge and it WILL be removed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
10 Thank RoadRashRock
Scott City, Missouri
Reviewed May 15, 2010

they do not no a thing about a business or any thing

Stayed May 2010
1 Thank hank1243
Dover, TN
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We checked in around 8:00 p.m. after a day of touring local sights in the West KY-West TN area. We were pleasantly surprised with reasonable rates for our spacious rooms. Although not elegant, they were clean, comfortable, and quiet.
The hosts were both courteous and personable, and offered us whatever help we might need. The complimentary continental breakfast was far better than many I have experienced. We plan to stay again in May with friends.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank greenwheels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiptonville
Quality Inn Union City
#1 of 6 in Dyersburg
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 3 in Hayti

Been to Reelfoot Lake Inn? Share your experiences!