“Worst Food EVER!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
White Plains, New York
“Worst Food EVER!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I ordered a rib eye steak - they were out of that and substituted some horrible thin sliced beef. My husbands Mexican food was horrible too. The price was outrageous and we will NOT go back.

Visited April 2013

Louisville, Tennessee
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have only been to Monte Real once so far, but the food was great. Lots of menu items and huge quantities of food. The menu selection is enormous and there are items that I haven't seen before even in larger cities. Definitely going back again even if it is 50 miles from home.

• Visited May 2013
“authentic Spanish cuisine in a small town”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This restaurant owner has some stores in other Southern towns as well, and each location is simply fabulous! It's not the same old Mexican food thrown onto a plate. It seems the chef takes pains to present a nice plate to the customer, and the food is always consistent. I highly recommend this.

• Visited December 2012
East Tennessee
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family and I eat here often. My oldest son is a very picky eater, but he loves their grilled chicken.

Athens, AL
“EXCELLENT restaurant!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

WOW! What a SURPRISE!

Went to Tellico Plains on our annual trip. Some of the locals recommended Monte Real Grill.
I'm glad we took their advice!

The restaurant is a little off the beaten path. If you didn't know where it was, you want see it. Suffice to say it's down from Hardee's a little on a side street.

The restaurant has an excellent atmosphere. Friendly, fun, and very accommodating. Very good service, even for our large group(Thanks, Terri!). Chips and salsa delivery was PROMPT as were drinks/refills. It was great we didn't have to beg for chips/salsa replenishment. More arrived without a spoken word.

The menu had a HUGE array of dishes! I can tell you there are choices one just wouldn't think would come from such a small town. My group tried a large number of their offerings, all of which were excellent. The Pescado Tacos worthy of extra praise! Super and plentiful!

It should come as no surprise that our group ate here the NEXT night at well! And yes the repeat visit was just as great!

I whole-heartedly recommend Monte Real Grill! I certainly think it surpasses several other restaurants in the Tellico Plains area!

• Visited September 2012