“Huge portions, good prices”

Mountain View Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Telford
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Huge portions, good prices”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a small local restaurant that is a good value for the money. Probably not the healthiest food available. Everything i have had is battered and fried, however it is not a heavy batter. (Not sure if you can get it broiled) The portions are huge. My husband got the big seafood platter and it very easily could have fed two with leftovers. I also got a smaller seafood platter. We brought 3 plate sized boxes of food home.
Very friendly and efficient staff too.
If you want decent food at a reasonable price, give this restaurant a try!.

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Try the fried pickles!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm fairly local to the area, so I've visited Mountain View Restaurant on several different occasions. If you're looking for a light, healthy meal -- this is probably not the place for you. But if you're looking for fried, southern-style cooking, you'll probably find something to please your palate. This restaurant is located right off the highway. It can be busy at times, especially on the weekend. The decor is dated and there are a couple of aquariums inside. Service is generally friendly. However, they often seem a little understaffed so you may have to wait a while on your food. My husband and I bought the 2 for $20 special on our most recent visit. It included an appetizer, two entrees, and two drinks -- pretty good value. My favorite thing about this restaurant is the fried pickles. They're delicious and make a perfect appetizer. I almost always order the chicken tenders as my entree. They're very good, too. There are a number of sides to choose from. You can also order a dessert or salad as one of your sides at no additional cost.

Overall, I like Mountain View, and I'm sure I'll be back in a couple of months. You can often find coupons for an even better value. If you live in the area and haven't tried this restaurant, you should at least go once to check it out. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Jonesborough
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Waited an hour for our food with 4 people, not including the 20 minutes we waited on the waitress to take our order. They were not crowded but kept saying how slammed they were. Waitress never came to check on us, she announced to a nearby waitress that she had to pee. Food was decent, not worth the wait. First time in my 27 years that I have not left a tip and I typically tip 20% even if the service is mediocre.

MIDWAY
“The best food ever and it's southern cooking”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stopped in to eat Thursday I got a new menu item it was fried beef tips with onions peppers mushrooms and it was tender with two side items it was one pound of beef tips for only $ 11.99 for my meal I brought some home for dinner my girl ate it she loved it.sandy was our waitress she is so good.your glass never gets loon drink.they have great chicken livers,fried chicken it all is so good.we drive over an hour to eat here.it's homemade.the cook and owner makes her own batter for all meats she makesit home made.these people are nice I do not believe no one would be denied a good service.I've been eating here for years.they do and make it all you can go on restaurant.com and get coupons like get $25.00 off of a $37.50 order or $50.00 off of an 75.00 order once a month.and they have real hamburgers not soy or cheap meat. You have to try this one pound of meat with peppers,onions,mushrooms,beans,cornbread,fried squash for only $11.99 you can't but it and fix it for that please try it I'm a chef I know food and it's great here and the workers are good and you never get thirsty please try it after we leave my doctor we stop hello sandy thank you for waiting on me and my son see you next month sandy.........god bless

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tammy R
Pearl City, Hawaii
“Fried food heaven”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Went with family from local area. Everything on the menu is frozen and then fried. Not fresh food and not healthy. Special of the day was fried, when I requested baked or broiled I was told they could not prepare it that way.