“Highly Recommend!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
Charleston, Tennessee
“Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

When you look at the outside of this hotel, you won't think much of it, but don't judge this book by the cover! The hotel is clean, tastefully decorated, and everything a Comfort Inn SHOULD be! The rooms were clean, and ours had a microwave, TV, wireless internet, mini-fridge, 2 double beds, and a small table. Both beds had 4 of the fluffiest pillows I've ever seen in a motel... and the air conditioner unit was already running so the room was cool. The pool area was supplied with towels for the guests, and the water was heated, as well as having a hot tub to the side of the main pool, with a sundeck adjoining the area. We really enjoyed our overnight mini-vacation!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Dott1e_s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Alabama
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I traveled with my daughter and two toddlers, this hotel was chosen for the indoor pool. We came to do the flea market and Lost Sea. Both day time activities. We are restricted to doing a lot with the toddlers in the evening due to afternoon naps and early bed times. This hotel was chosen as both boys very much enjoy the water and swimming. We had planned to spend our evenings at the pool, after a quick trip to the near by K Mart and purchasing several water toys we left our room an went to the pool. I thought it odd on a holiday weekend that no one was at the pool. On my first step into the water I realized why. The water was absolutely frigid.

Upon talking to the front desk and other guests, the hotel maintained the water was 85 degrees, or that it was still warm from the summer heat, but bottom line is in the three days two nights we stayed there we were never able to use the pool due to the extremely cold water temperature. Nor was there ever anyone else observed swimming in this pool. One other guest I spoke with was in the same predicament I was, she had young children and had saved to bring them on a vacation where they could swim, this was their main entertainment for there vacation, and then were unable to use this pool.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AlabamaNanaof5
Southwestern Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Although happy to find a pet-friendly lodging, we were disappointed in the cleanliness and quality of the room. Our small dog was allowed to stay for an extra $10 fee, but only in certain "pet-friendly" rooms. Ours had cracker remnants (larger than crumbs)between the two double beds and the carpet going into the bathroom was so frayed that there were a few inches without carpeting in the doorway. The sheets seemed clean, but they were well worn as were the blankets. There was an unpleasant, musty odor upon entering the room, but either turning on the air conditioner helped or we became used to the smell. The reservation clerk was pleasant both on the phone and upon arrival. The exit itself (Exit 60 off of I 75) is very limited as far as restaurants are concerned.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank retiredteach60
Pennsauken, New Jersey
Reviewed January 2, 2009

My friend and I stayed here one night this summer, this was approximately the halfway point of our road trip from NJ to New Orleans. We booked through choicehotels.com and had no problems at all checking in. The room was clean and everything was in working order. The beds were extremely comfy and the free wireless internet was very useful. We were a little disappointed to find out the pool was closed for maintenance- I'm not sure if this was mentioned on their website or not, but it really was not that big of a deal. We just needed a place to rest before continuing our journey and this place definitely met our needs. We grabbed a quick bite for breakfast in the hotel lobby the next morning, which was satisfactory also. And the staff was great. I would definitely recommend if you need a place to stay in that area.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, comfort
  • Disliked — pool was closed
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank KristenJovi
kingston tn
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I called and reserved a wheelchair accessible room for Saturday july 26,when i got there they could not find me in their computer,so i paid for the room with cash(not wheelchair accessible) i got a receipt. On the 28th of july they charged my bank account $79.92,so I had to go to the bank get a read out,called comfort inn ,told them I was at the bank,and that I was charged twice.She said it was being credited back to my account.Which I just called my bank,and it has not been credited yet.I'm still waiting.So my question is why do they take reservations over the phone in the first place if their just going to lose them.And now i'm wandering if they actually have wheelchair accessible rooms.Not a happy customer here.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KingstonTnTraveler
rural Ohio
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. It was convenient to I-75 and the staff was very friendly. The room was a king, had plenty of lighting, an exterior and interior entrance and a love seat, table and chair. I was a little concerned when I discovered that the doors had not one, but two deadbolts on them! Who knows why, but I had no problem. This looked to be an older hotel, but the room was clean and may have been redone. The bathroom was ok, but could have used a little more work - grout, etc.

• Stayed March 2008
2 Thank CharleyBlue
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2003

Nice clean room. The indoor pool is great. The continental breakfast was good, it had fresh waffles made from a mix (not the frozen ones), cereals, bagles, toast and doughnuts. Very nice staff, Very nice town.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweetwater
Rodeway Inn Sweetwater
#7 of 7 in Sweetwater
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 9 in Athens

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!