“Decent overnight stop”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sweetwater
Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We usually are not huge fans of KOAs because they are so overpriced in our opinion. Seriously, $40+ per night?? Anyway, we needed a place for an overnight and this was a good location for us and was right off the interstate so we went ahead and did it. The people there are very friendly and everything overall seems clean and well-maintained (which one would certainly expect at this price point). We had a shady site and they honored our request to not put us right on top of someone else which was nice. My daughter had a nice swim at the pool and enjoyed the playground. If you are going to this campground for the jumping pillow, ask first! It had been punctured some time ago and was not operational when we were there. For an overnight, not a huge deal, but if you're planning to go for a longer stay and have kids make sure you ask.

Overall we are not going to go out of our way to go back there, but I'd the circumstances were right we might do another overnight.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank moose19

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have travel coast to coast with my job stoppin at many camp grounds and I have never been treated so terrible by someone in managment before my experience at KOA in Sweetwater, TN. First the lady manager/owner said to me " your Rv is more than 10 years old and it makes you look like a drug dealer." VERY OFFENDED BY THIS. Then they shut off my dryer and cleaned the lint trap before my clothes were finished and didnt start the dryer back up causing my clothes to wrinkle. Next I was given dirty looks by this same manager when I sat in the lobby to dry my clothes the second time. A few days later the electricity was shut off at the box outside then turned back on when I got up and looked outside. The final straw was when I walked to the office with my dog ( cocker poo on a leash) and was rudely told "that dog cant be here." I wasnt bringing her in the office with me but the manager didnt have to speak to me like a child. If she had not judged me before knowing me she would have known my RV has been completely remodeled on the inside and that I am an upstanding Christian woman with high standards and morals. Never again will I allow myself to be treated in such a mannor nor will i recommend anyone to stay at this campground. TERRIBLE JOB KOA IN SWEETWATER, TN.
Have a Blessed Day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Jimmie Jo B
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We LOVE this campground. The owners are incredibly nice and care about their customers. Every time we have been there they have always gone above and beyond to make sure our kids have a great time. The campground is clean and very well taken care of. It is quiet and there are lots of trees to provide shade and privacy. The jumping pillow is great as well as the playground and swimming pool. We have used the fishing pond a few times and our kids love that too. We have been to a lot of campgrounds and this is at the very top of our list of favorites. Definitely our favorite for Tennessee! We camp here in a 31 foot motor home and tow a vehicle. They have plenty of pull thru sites and it is easy to drive in and out of. My only negative, which isn't that big of a deal since there is a grocery store close by, but the camp store is lacking a bit in supplies. If you don't mind leaving the campground there are stores close by to pick up groceries, etc.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank asraines29
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We decided to make this our first camping trip since it was close to home. The campground had nice, level lots. Lots of playground equipment, jumping pillow, & basketball court. Bathhouse was nice & clean. Showers looked good, though we didn't use them. We had no problems buying needed supplies from the KOA store. The owners were see out and about talking with campers.

The only minor problem I had was at the front desk. My husband and daughter got to the campground before I did, bringing the camper with them, so he got the rundown of where everything was & the map. I knew the bathrooms were in the main building, but I didn't know exactly where. I had my daughter with me and went into the office to ask and the lady said, "I told him when he came in here.", because she recognized that my daughter had been with my husband at check in. She then told me where the bathrooms were. There was no need for her comment, just point me in the direction of the bathroom as a part of good customer service.

We would stay again as it was a very nice campground and easy to find for anyone not local as we are. It's just off the interstate with plenty of signs to get you there without a problem.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family