“Very good food, great service”

Hunter's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Sweetwater
Cuisines: American
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very good food, great service”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My husband and I had lunch there. He had the chicken salad plate which was excellent. I had the soup (potato) and salad (Caesar) combo, which was also delicious. I like the old building and the service was super fast and polite.

1 Thank lindencraig

Knoxville
“The perfect restaurant for Sweetwater, Tennessee”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Downtown Sweetwater is a great place to visit, with plenty of unique shops and antique stores, no chains, and plenty of nostalgia. Located in a historic old bank building right in the center of things, Hunter's restaurant is a great place to relax and refuel. With ceilings more than 25 feet high, and the walls decorated with paintings by local artists, the setting seems just right.

The menu is extensive and creative, with plenty of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, full dinners, and rich, rich desserts. My wife and I stopped there for lunch, and we shared a bruschetta for starters and it was fantastic. She then had a chicken salad, while I tried a grilled chicken sandwich with portabella mushroom and provolone cheese, and both of our meals were excellent. We didn't have room for any of the menu desserts, but we did treat ourselves to a fresh-baked, huge cookie to snack on later that day.

Service was crisp and professional, prices were reasonable, and the overall experience was quite enjoyable. We'll be back.

• Visited August 2011
New York City, New York
“Atmosphere dark, hot, out of date, ugly, ugly.Food ok.”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Restaurant is licated in a cute little town with lots of antique shops. but from inside you wouldn't know. The windows are above your head about 12 feet in the air. The carpet, walks, decor are terribly out of date and were ugly even in the 90s or whatever era they're from. On top of all this it was very very warm inside. I had the chicken salad sandwich platter. It was bland and somewhat dry. The service was great and the meal with drink was about $10, so a fair price. But would not go back because I need at least a little enjoyable atmosphere.

1 Thank allovertheworldnback