“Country Cooking - Great for Travelers”
Review of Dinner Bell

Dinner Bell
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Sweetwater
Cuisines: American
Description: We love to offer you good old time country cooking. Choose our breakfast buffet or lunch and dinner buffet or order from the menu. You can have breakfast all day. Or you can take a to go order. Additionally we have lunch and dinner specials. Come in and meet some friends. We offer Truck parking. Buses are welcome as well as Bikers. Afterwards shop in our candy store and gift shop.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Located just off Interstate 75, on Exit 62 in Sweetwater, TN, you will find a cozy little country restaurant that has been serving travelers and the locals for many, many years. My family meets here a few times each year just to catch up over breakfast. It's a great place to stop in and enjoy some good country cooking. Be sure to take some time to kick-back in their rocking chairs, play a game of checkers or shop for souvenirs in their little country store.

Oh yes, they do have homemade gravy and fried bologna on their breakfast bar. ;-) Enjoy...

Reviewed March 7, 2013

First, I gave the Dinner Bell 5 stars because it's better than just a 4. The only complaint I had was that the servers are overworked, in my opinion. They look tired, and they are - I asked. Of course they are tired because they are so darn busy. When entering, the first sight is a log jam of people waiting to pay and waiting to be seated. Where this is normally a negative, here it is a positive and worth a short wait. Ask people what they had to eat. They will tell you. Besides a wonderful home style buffet (remember the line at Grandma's on Thanksgiving), there is also a full menu. The prices are worth every penny, it is kid friendly, and you'll be looking for an excuse to come back. Trust the reviews on the food!

The decor is rustic and comfortable and very friendly. There is a gift shop for souvenir hunters. Parking for trucks is available. The Dinner Bell is on the truck driver's "great" list.

1  Thank flyingscot4
Reviewed February 17, 2013

What a gem! We saw the signs for the Art Center in Berea so we pulled off to check it out, and eat. We like to try local places (if they look good). Passed on all the fast food & Cracker Barrel (that gets old quickly). Hoped for good, expected good, received EXCELLENT! It truly was like eating at Gra'ma's dinner table. From first bite to last, yum. Nothing commercial about any of it- definitely homemade. Our server, Kim, was great, in every way.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Eating at the Dinner Bell is like going to Grandma's house for Sunday dinner. The food choices are many, served hot, good salad bar and lots of deserts. I've never been disappointed at the Dinner Bell. Best buffalo wings I ever had was there and I made a real pig out of myself over those wings! Great!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've spent 12 years as a trucker and passed by many restaurant billboards on the highway. The name "Dinner Bell" for a restaurant doesn't really make you want to pull off the freeway. But I was hungry, and the dinner bell in my stomach had turned into a dinner gong. I saw that truck and RV parking was available, so I gave it a try. This is one of those "down-home" places that makes the fabric of America. The waitress was sweet, and the place had a country "roadside" feel that can't be found in fried chicken and burger chains. The buffet was EXCELLENT. I didn't want to leave, except to take a nap. Fresh homemade food. If I am ever this way I will make it my business to come back...and head straight to that slammin' buffet.

3  Thank MrCrossIsBoss