“Love it, good southern food!”
Review of Dinner Bell

Dinner Bell
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Sweetwater
Cuisines: American
Description: We love to offer you good old time country cooking. Choose our breakfast buffet or lunch and dinner buffet or order from the menu. You can have breakfast all day. Or you can take a to go order. Additionally we have lunch and dinner specials. Come in and meet some friends. We offer Truck parking. Buses are welcome as well as Bikers. Afterwards shop in our candy store and gift shop.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Absolutely love it here! Breakfast is the best around. It's hard to find good southern gravy at a restaurant, but they have it nailed! The lunch and dinner is great as well. Service is always amazing and done with a smile! I love it here and we go on a regular basis. I'm so glad we live close by! Keep up the great work!

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

They have one of the best breakfast bars around!!! You can eat healthy or you can go hog wild and pig out, something for everyone.

1  Thank PDB1982
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I can't say enough about this place. I discovered it about a year ago and, although I live four hours away, I work hard to ensure I am going by the Dinner Bell at meal time when I have reason to drive I-75. I have been there for lunch and dinner but haven't had the opportunity to stop by for breakfast yet. I know they have menus that you can order from but I have always gone for the buffet (this is most unusual for me as I don't like buffets).

The food is never disappointing. The salad bar is extensive with all of the requisites along with macaroni, potato and tuna salad. They have three soups (well two and chili) and I have never been disappointed in the quality of the soups. The hot items buffet is the part I really enjoy - they have 10 of so vegetable choices that are always prepared the Southern way. In other words they have taste. The baked beans, bread dressing hash brown casserole, and green beans are as good (or better) than you will get anywhere. They have several meat choices that are sure to please any taste. I haven't eaten the desserts because I always get full on the hot items bar; however, the all look delicious.

I can't finish this review without mentioning the wait staff. They are wonderfully efficient and friendly. They seem to appear before you need something and are quick to remove empty plates from the table so that it doesn't get cluttered. The folks that seat you are always prompt and seemed pleased that you are there.

I always have a great experience at the Dinner Bell and I can tell the owners really care about the quality of their product. This place is not fancy or stuffy. It is a comfortable restaurant with friendly people and delicious food. My only complaint is that I have a tendency to eat a little more than I should. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank AGoingGal
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Places like this is why I started my food journey through the south in the first place. This is one mouth watering devil den for foodies. Good tasting bad for the waste food and thats how I like it. They served the normal fare as well as things like corn nuggets and dried ham OH MY GOODNESS! I would have been happy to end my journey here and eat this stuff for the rest of my 7 day trip! SEEK THIS JOINT OUT AND EAT HERE!

1  Thank MrFoody555
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This restaurant has some absolutely great help. Buffets aren't known for service, and are somewhat similar. This place had at least two waitresses that really were great. Jackie was our waitress and a charming young lady. When she went on break she made sure that we were taken care of by another lady that also made sure we were happy. The owners of Dinner Bell did well when they hired these two, hopefully all the rest are just like them.

The food was substantial buffet Southern-style foods with excellent service. Salad bar with real greens, and not just iceberg lettuce, fresh seasonal fruit, and unusual items like picked okra, etc.

Meats: Spicy Parmesan meatballs, BBQ portk, country-fried steak, Salisbury steak, Buffalo wings, chicken tenders, pot-roast, grilled/baked chicken

Veggies: Black-eye peas, baked beans, Salad bar, green beans, 'greens'

A few casseroles not sampled

Starches: Rolls, cornbread, mac and cheez-sauce, mashed , potato, hash browns, potato and carrots from pot-roast, etc, etc,
Baked apples

Desserts were soft-serve ice cream, fresh fruits, pies, puddings, cakes, jello base dishes, cobblers...etc..etc...etc.

Soups, three varieties.