“Educational and interesting!”
Review of Lost Sea Adventure

Lost Sea Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: America's largest underground lake. - Open year-round except Christmas - Cost is $18.95 Per person adults and $9.95 Per person children ages 5-12.
Opp, Alabama
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Educational and interesting!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

My family was coming back from Gatlinburg when we saw the signs. My children ages 8 and 5 wanted to go so we stopped off. It was an interesting place... The complex had a BBQ restaurant, sweet shop with ice cream, glass blowing shop, two gift shops, and hiking trails. You have to buy tickets (16.95/adult and 7.95/child) and wait until your reserved time so my family had plenty of time to peruse the offerings. When we did finally get to go on our tour we had Collin as our director. He was knowledgeable and courteous. The group wasn't too large and we didn't feel rushed. The lake itself was absolutely breathtaking. My children truly enjoyed themselves and were absolutely entertained! Warning: the trek back up from the lost sea can be strenuous! Our director stopped several times to let folks rest. Overall a great trip. Would go back again...

Sarasota, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Cool caves!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

After a trip to Ruby Falls we saw the sign for the Lost Sea Adventure and decided to visit on our way home for a spring break road trip. Our son (10 years old) is very into caverns, caves, etc. and the signs along the roadway made it sound fun. We visited at 3 pm on a Thursday in mid-March and enjoyed the long walk down into the expansive caverns. Neat story-telling from the guide and it was a very relaxed visit as there were only about 10 of us on the tour. The underground lake is so impressive --- huge and well-lit, and the guide feeds the rainbow trout while you are on the boat tour. Walk back up was a good cardio workout -- which is right up our family's alley, but might leave some visitors winded. Great visit and would definitely recommend for a fun afternoon with your family.

Visited March 2013
Katy, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Educational and Fun (even for a 40 y/o)”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visiting my B/F hometown of Athens, he took me here for a day trip. Was quite educational and a neat experience. Plenty of walking (back up will hurt ya if you are out of shape like me). But it was worth the money and experience. Smaller kids might find it boring at first, but the boat ride was a nice treat.
An electric wheelchair may work, manual would be too hard - but you may check with attraction to see if they allow.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank LLPinky
Madisonville, Tennessee
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place to take your out of town guests”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love that place. It's one of those places you take all of your out of town guests to visit. Not expensive and very interesting. You get to ride on an underground lake and look at the fish in the water. Nice little hike in the cave. Not at all dangerous.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank RuthV714
maitland, florida
187 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 317 helpful votes
“It Snowed”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Yes I said SNOW!! I came up from Florida so this was definitely a highlight for me. As i was down in the cave for 50 minutes the manager called down on the emergency phone and said finish up it is snowing hard. The parking lot was pure white. She sent the staff home. So I was the one and only tour on a Saturday. I went by myself yesterday to actually check it our for the entire family. When I got there at 10AM I was the only one in the parking lot. It was 18 degrees and sunny (no rain). I waited 20 minutes in the lobby for the tour to start. No one else showed up on a Saturday so I was taken by myself on the tour. I had the whole boat to myself. I was not rushed and I learned some new interesting facts about caves. The staff very nice to me and I was treated with courtesy. The cave was not as humid as warned and my cameras did not fog up. I would consider this cave walk a more steep decline on foam. The only complaint I have is the lighting. I wished they had more colored lights throughout the cave and I also wished there was a little better lighting in the lake with the boat ride. None of my pictures turned out for the lake.

Visited February 2013