“Educational and Fun (even for a 40 y/o)”
Review of Lost Sea Adventure

Lost Sea Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: America's largest underground lake. - Open year-round except Christmas - Cost is $18.95 Per person adults and $9.95 Per person children ages 5-12.
Katy, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Educational and Fun (even for a 40 y/o)”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visiting my B/F hometown of Athens, he took me here for a day trip. Was quite educational and a neat experience. Plenty of walking (back up will hurt ya if you are out of shape like me). But it was worth the money and experience. Smaller kids might find it boring at first, but the boat ride was a nice treat.
An electric wheelchair may work, manual would be too hard - but you may check with attraction to see if they allow.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank LLPinky

Madisonville, Tennessee
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place to take your out of town guests”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love that place. It's one of those places you take all of your out of town guests to visit. Not expensive and very interesting. You get to ride on an underground lake and look at the fish in the water. Nice little hike in the cave. Not at all dangerous.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank RuthV714
maitland, florida
191 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 327 helpful votes
“It Snowed”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Yes I said SNOW!! I came up from Florida so this was definitely a highlight for me. As i was down in the cave for 50 minutes the manager called down on the emergency phone and said finish up it is snowing hard. The parking lot was pure white. She sent the staff home. So I was the one and only tour on a Saturday. I went by myself yesterday to actually check it our for the entire family. When I got there at 10AM I was the only one in the parking lot. It was 18 degrees and sunny (no rain). I waited 20 minutes in the lobby for the tour to start. No one else showed up on a Saturday so I was taken by myself on the tour. I had the whole boat to myself. I was not rushed and I learned some new interesting facts about caves. The staff very nice to me and I was treated with courtesy. The cave was not as humid as warned and my cameras did not fog up. I would consider this cave walk a more steep decline on foam. The only complaint I have is the lighting. I wished they had more colored lights throughout the cave and I also wished there was a little better lighting in the lake with the boat ride. None of my pictures turned out for the lake.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank mpeacock_10
Sweetwater, Tennessee, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesomezing experince at fist time”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

i been this place many times, on my fist visit i was so scare but once i enter in cave it was very nice and that boat tour was very good, it was not exiting place for me because i was sacred overall it was good experience at least one time every one has to go that's my opinion.....

Visited May 2012
Alabama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband, 6 year old daughter, and myself visited the Lost Sea Adventure on Jan 26, 2013. I'll be honest, I HATE caves/caverns, anything underground, but I loved this. My 6 year old was a little scared at first, but she quickly got over that. The formations inside are nice and this cavern is very "airy" for a cavern. The underground lake is amazing and peaceful. My family loved it and we'll definitely be back.

Visited January 2013