“Great side trip on vacation”

The Lost Sea Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Lost Sea is open daily except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. The Lost Sea is America's Largest Underground Lake. All tours are guided tours and last for approximately one hour and twenty minutes. Reservations are not required. The adult rate is $19.95 and children 5-12 are $10.95 children 4 and under are free. We do offer a group rate for groups of 15 or more. We also offer a Wild Cave Adventure tour for groups of 12 or more. You may even spend the night on the Wild Cave Tour. The Lost Sea is also a Civil War Trail Marker. The oldest known date in the cave is a date of 1863. This date has been carbon tested and does prove to be an authentic date.
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Fun, neat little adventure for the family. Wear some walking shoes, don't recommend flip flops.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is still mostly an accessible cave tour. There are typical demonstrations like cutting the lights off. There is a lot of walking. The boat ride is interesting. Even knowing how wonderfully God made the world, this is an amazing twist. This undergriund lake is there to be explored. The was no good reason for it other than demonstrating His handiwork and our enjoyment. The walk back up was broken into several different legs to allow everyone in the group to catch up and grab a breather. I have done other cavern tours where the caverns were more natural, but I think this tour is worth it once.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Chattanooga. We work for a theme park and get to do a lot of things at no cost which I really dco appreciate. I can only rate this attraction 3 stars because of all the strenuous hiking involved. Nobody told us this in advance and I am getting ready to nave a knee replacement so I struggled with this. On our way out we seen a young man pushing a wheelchair with an elderly lady in it. Why? I am sure nobody told him about all the hills in this cave. It just seems like the communication was lacking. The boat ride was disappointing too. I would recommend asking questions if you have any medical conditions as the workers will not tell you these things.

2  Thank cthom54
Reviewed July 12, 2012

the boat ride was fun but everything else was not worth the money. ALL YOU do is go down do a boat ride and you climb back up. we had to wait 2 and a half hours to go down

1  Thank horsebear
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and children recently visited the Lost Sea. (I have been a few times before, and not much has changed in the presentations...but I have enjoyed it every time!) The stories that go with with walk through the cave are fun and it's amazing how much went on here! Equally amazing is how/why people wanted to go venturing into a cave that still has many unexplored areas. Native Americans, civil war soldiers, early settlers, etc. are told to have occupied the various rooms within the cave for various reasons. The most fascinating to me is about the young boy who discovered the lake in the very early 1900's. You have the option of staying behind if you do not wish to walk down to the lake because it's a steep (but short) walk back up. If at all possible...walk to the lake...take the boat ride. It's like nothing you have ever done before. Be sure to apply AAA discount for a couple of dollars off adult admission.

1  Thank MREA5