“Worst day of my traveling life”

Days Inn Sweetwater
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
Chattanooga
“Worst day of my traveling life”
Reviewed September 17, 2006

Me and my girlfriend are both in wheelchairs so I went in to get a room while she stayed in the car(since it's kind of a pain to get both of us out of a trans am)I asked for a wheelchair accessible room and they didn't have any available.Since it was very late and me and my girlfriend are very athletic and are not your stereotypical paralyzed type of person and since we have stayed at numerous hotels in the past that were not (wheelchair)accessible I asked if I could see a regular room to make sure the bathroom accommodations could be used.I went to the room and checked out the door leading into the bathroom and seen that my chair would not fit but I thought just by looking at it with the naked eye that my girlfriends chair would probably just fit and I could transfer into her chair if I needed to use the bathroom.So I went ahead and got the room and proceeded to get myself back into the car and travel around back to get me and my girlfriend and our belongings out of the car and into the room.As soon as we entered we tried to see if her chair would fit in the bathroom door and it missed going in by about 1/4"-1/2".For about 2 minutes we discussed staying anyway since it was late and we were both very tired but decided that it would be better to ask for another room hoping the door might be wider or to get our money back and travel down the road a little farther.We wheeled straight to the office and told the woman that she couldn't fit into the bathroom and she immediately started telling us that we had used the room and we couldn't have our money back.She knew we had just been gone for the amount of time it took to get in the car and then get two of us out of the car and check the room out but kept insisting that we used the room.I asked her if another room might have a bigger bathroom and she said no.So we went back and forth in front of a guy who was trying to check in when she finally said she would check out the room.So she came to the room and went in and my girlfriend was trying to show her how close she came to being able to fit in the bathroom but she wouldn't listen to anything she said then she proceeded to pull the covers frantically messing up the bed and said see ya'll used the room.Luckily the man that was checking in and his wife had seen what was going on and he proceeded to tell the hotel manager that she was being unreasonable.She basically told him that it didn't concern him and he said it did because he was a paying customer and it would affect his decision to ever use that hotel again.By this time my girlfriend is crying and other guests are starting to pop out of their rooms so she reluctantly said she would give us our money back.So we followed her back to the office where she started getting even more hateful and proceeded to tell us that we people just wanted people to feel sorry for us.I work hard every day and so does my girlfriend and the last thing we want is anyones sympathy .I am posting this here as a warning to anyone that travels to Sweetwater,Tn. to avoid this money hungry heartless hotel .Sorry for the long diatribe but people need to know about this sort of behavior.

Stayed September 2006
8 Thank fierceserve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Marti77
Reviewed May 10, 2005

We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way home from Alabama. We left behind some very important paperwork, which the hotel sent to us overnight when we called them. I cannot believe how nice and helpful the employees of this hotel were. Excellent service.

• Stayed May 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweetwater
Quality Inn
#2 of 9 in Athens
Days Inn Athens
Days Inn Athens
#6 of 9 in Athens

Been to Days Inn Sweetwater? Share your experiences!