“Best little tea room anywhere!”

Burdett's Tea Shop & Trading Co.
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Get there when they open usually crowded on Sat at 11 when they open. Fruit tea, scones of any kind...chicken salad supurb. All desserts good but especially red velvet cake.
Girls trip!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have eaten here over the past 11 years way to many times to count. Though it has changed owners, the quality of food and service has remained top notch. Since this is more of a favorite with the ladies, I usually go begrudgingly and then I am always glad I went. The fare is mostly quiche, light sandwiches, various teas including various fruit ice teas, terrific homemade soups and scones, I have to say it is delicious. The staff is friendly and extremely accommodating. The old building in downtown Springfield has been tastefully restored and decorated, though decidedly more for the ladies taste. They have a small selection of gifts and china for sale. It is an excellent place for lunch and I recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a really nice place to have lunch or brunch....they are not open for dinner. They have mainly sandwiches, soups and salads, and even quiche. They have all kinds of flavored teas, I had an iced fruit tea that was excellent. Now, the best part - they make scones! Real, honest-to-goodness, English style scones! There is a ham and cheese scone, and a raisin scone, and a daily offering (blueberry-lemon when we were there). You can make a meal off of these! There are home made desserts, too. The restaurant itself is quaint, with crocheted tablecloths, antique dishes, teapots and artisan jewelry and crafts and books and more for sale. The wait-staff are excellent and appear when you need them. I will warn you tho', guys might feel a little uncomfortable here, as the atmosphere is a bit feminine. This restaurant is located in down-town Springfield, TN, so, during the week, parking might be an issue. It is only about 30 to 45 minutes north of Nashville, so it's an easy day-trip if you're there for a visit. All in all, worth the stop.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I selected Burdett's for an outing w/my friend from church and we were both pleased. Although familiar w/Springfield Square she had never been to Burdett's so I was delighted to host our time together there; she was enchanted by the place and all there was to see and consider buying- the owner advised that new items had just arrived; what luck!

I ordered us Tea for Two and all the items were as tasty as the service was delightful, just as an afternoon tea should be. The raisin scones were perfect and of the drop variety; the ham'n cheese scone served w/the savories a tasty contrast to the raisin. The double chocolate brownie dessert center piece paved the way for a strawberry bar cookie and a chocolate chip, artfully arranged w/small fruit offerings, just right to clear the palette.

The dark wood walls/floor in pleasing contrast to the white crochet over cloths on the tables, menu offered lots of yummy selections in addition to tea for two inviting soon return to make other choices. Other guests included ladies, couples, and families and everyone seemed equally to enjoy the ambiance, even the children were eager to dig in to their selection and not causing a disturbance to interrupt the calm comfort of the place.

I had been advised when phoning the day prior that for 2, reservations were not required and we were in luck to claim the last available table for 2. Seating for others seemed smooth as the tables were vacated and quickly made ready for the next party.

I notice the exceptional teamwork of the servers and all seemed to have the same friendly demeanor and true interest in making each guest feel right at home. Our server was remarkable for her great smile and attentive demeanor.

My one suggestion for improvement would be to have the tea water a higher temperature. But when I mentioned the temp of the pot a bit cool, the server immediately took steps to resolve. We selected the peach black tea - one of my favorites.

Let's pick a day and time to meet at Burdett's. They do not rush you to finish and be gone so we may have talk time enough find one another future bff's!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was visiting my daughter nearby in Pleasant View. We decided to do some exploring and she suggested we have lunch here. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was charming. We will always remember that time together. I had a Tomato basil soup that was excellent and not full of cream. The quiche was excellent. TY. We really need to open something similar in Coeur D Alene. Loved the decorations and the wonderful old Christmas atmosphere.