“Not as bad as the reviews indicate”

Torino's Greek and Italian Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Greek, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Party of 4 ate there Sat night at 7pm. The place was full but we still got seated immediately. The service was ok, drinks a little slow but the staff was busy. Polite service, I've had much worse.

We are the hummus appetizer as well as the spinach feta pie. Neither were great (or made in house) but they were not bad (or expensive) either. The family Greek salad was large and tasty. The Greek Gyro platter was the best Gyro I've had in a long time and a good value. The 14 inch pizza wasent as good as Knead Dough in Hendersonville but much better than chains.

I can butcher my own steaks and have amazing meat preparation abilities so I just don't order steaks out... I saw the cuts, and for the portions (massive) the large price is reasonable, if they are prepared well.

And, this is Springfield, TN. This place is alright. Not the best, by far not the worst in town, go try it.

1  Thank jamesrm02

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We are new to this area and are trying out different places. I read so many good reviews on this place, I had to give it a try... Stay away.. I will never again go there. Staff was unfriendly and even surly. The chicken Parmagian was disgusting. It was swimming in some sauce and the cheese was a hard crust on the top. Even the bottom was crusty. The spaghetti sauce was awful. the waiter just about threw our bread basket with one piece of bread in it, on to the table. He finally came over and said is everything good? I replied not really and he just said, it's good and walked away. a few minutes later as we were still trying to get through our meal, he came and pushed the check towards my companion.. never asked if we wanted anything else.
When I went to pay, the girl at checkout said, without a smile, was everything good. I again said, not really, and she acted as if she never heard me..
I am wondering how this place is so busy and why these reviews are so good. Do they only give good food to the people they know? well I know we will never return there.

1  Thank grannypl6
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Steaks are way overpriced.....our waitress (Georgia) was terrible both times. We had a party of 10 and half had a salad with their meal, but she had messed up most of them either wrong salad or wrong dressing. Their pizza may be good, but as far as the rest.....EWWWW!

2  Thank KMCKAY37040
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This combination greek Italian restaurant is on of the top two restaurants in Springfield, TN. Conveniently located on memorial blvd, this restaurant has ample parking. The menu offers a large variety of greek and Italian fare as well as the largest juiciest steaks in Springfield. You can select from various pizzas and pasta dishes (the chicken alfredo is wonderful) to gyro and shish ka-bab dishes. Finish with a large selection of desserts including my favorite, baklava. Prices range from a moderate $10 per person to $40 per person for one of those huge steaks. If you have to pick only one restaurant in Springfield, don't pass up Torinos. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Tennessee50plus
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Trying to locate this place on the computer...Torino's Greek & Italian Restaurant or Torino Pizza...will get you to the same address of 1701 Memorial Blvd in Springfield TN. 37172. Saturday evening we drove 70 miles one way for a pretty good steak, pretty good wervice, and a way overpriced bill. The steak was about $28-$30 (I forgot which) and the thickness was plenty. I don't care for the "searing" of the outsides of my steak to be quite as thick and tough as this was, however the inside was good. We had to remind the waiter of the order of spaghetti we never received, although he was great with drink refills. Desserts are not that great...Hot Fudge Sundae...looked better than it was (lacked most of the hor fudge), and the waiter told us the "New York Style Cheesecake" came fro "The Cheesecake Factory in Green Hills (Nashville)...home made, just not at Torino's. All in all, Yes I'd eat there again, but I'd plan on dressing down, as most of the crowd appeared dressed as if comming from a day at the park or ballgame. Casual (very very casual) is the way to go if you want to blend in.