“Average Cupcake with a pile of frosting”
Review of Gigi's Cupcakes - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gigi's Cupcakes
Reviewed November 5, 2013

First before you visit Gigi's you better like frosting and when I said like you better LOVE frosting. I personally do not so my review of this is based on that. A customer like me would be better off making moist delicious cupcakes with minimal frosting at home. If you LOVE frosting and don't care how moist or delicious the cupcake is...you have found the best place to get a cupcake!

I instead order a dozen or two when I don't have time to bake for someone and want them to receive something really cute. When I want to impress someone...I make my own or buy them from Publix (who by the way make amazing cakes and cupcakes).

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I don't get the fascination with Gigi's, unless it's the half pound of frosting they pile onto every cupcake. Were it not for the frosting, I don't know how you'd eat their product. Every time I've gotten their cupcakes they have been consistently dry and overbaked. I think some people are so overwhelmed by the cuteness of the decoration that they lose all objectivity with the cake. Gigi's is also absurdly overpriced. Four bucks for one cupcake might not be too unreasonable, but they stick to that pricing even when you order dozens. I was there last weekend when a woman picked up three dozen cupcakes for a party. The price? $147! You can bake 36 cupcakes at home for about $8, and they won't be bone dry. Gigi's may have a cuter box than Duncan Hines, but Duncan has a better cupcake.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I like gigi's cupcakes but not at this location. I have visited this place twice and both times it's been awful. My first visit was over a year ago and I just went in the other day to give it another try. The staff is rude and they try to rush you out the door quickly. The cupcakes both times have been hard as a rock at I went in around noon. The last visit after paying and leaving I went back in to get a refund because I didn't want to try to eat a rock. I asked the cashier for a refund she just looked at me and said "I don't know how to do that so I guess I will call somebody". After 15 mins or so I got a refund. So if you like gigi's cupcakes and your in Spring Hill bypass and go somewhere else.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I loved this place and the southern comfort cupcake is the BEST cupcake I have ever ate in my life. Although every cupcake we got was good. The place was clean and that bathrooms (often a tale tale sign) were spotless. The cupcake selection was great. The price was fair because these are premo cupcakes. Plus the store and atmosphere was cute.