“This owner knows BBQ!”

Jack of Hearts BBQ
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Spring Hill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Many area places claim to have good BBQ but only about 10% actually deliver the goods. This is definitely one of those places. Growing up in Texas I am officially a BBQ junkie and have traveled miles across many states searching for really honest to be good BBQ or as my food junkie friends just call it "Q". Todd, the Jack of Hearts owner, has a very good understanding of good BBQ which includes homemade sauce and all the expected sides. This small restaurant is run like a mom and pops place, very casual, very little atmosphere, limited seating, but the "Q" really raises the bar for this area. Brisket, pork and amazing smoked turkey. I have never been a fan of white sauce until now. Of course it's homemade along with everything else!

2  Thank MChris_TX-TN

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Worth getting off I65 for! Pulled pork delicious, turkey with white sauce awesome, banana pudding light and yum!
I will be making this restaurant a destination even though I live 60 miles from here.
Quick,friendly,the best!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Turkey and Brisket Nachos! Need I say more? Well, I can! Tender, juicy sliced turkey breast covered in their signature white BBQ sauce may be one of the best things ever. I can drive 10 minutes and get pulled pork anywhere in Mid TN, so I rarely get it there, though it's been good when I've had it. But the thick slices of brisket and the turkey keep me coming back.

The sides are awesome as well. Their slaw is excellent and the Killa Beans are one of my favorite things this side of Heaven. Spicy baked beans with a variety of beans in there, Oh, and that's what they use on the nachos as well.

They also have a good beer selection, though I really wish it was more of a destination. The location is hard to get out of (turning left on 31 is no small feat) and the atmosphere is nothing special. Would love to see them move into a bigger place with a full bar. I'd be a regular for sure. We order out from there regularly and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend them!

1  Thank MidTnNative
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We thought it was really good! I had the turkey sandwich with white sauce and slaw on the sandwich, killa beans and Mac and Cheese. All were really good. The beans are extra spicey. Mac and Cheese was gooey and cheesy. BBQ turkey was excellent.

The staff is friendly. The place is small so there isn't a lot of seating but most of the folks coming in took it to go anyway.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Jack of Hearts us everything you want in a good BBQ place. Their pulled pork and Brisket are excellent. Killer beans and their Mac N Cheese is so very good. Clean place and friendly staff to serve you when you walk in the door. This is the place to eat BBQ in Spring Hill.