“awful”

Jack of Hearts BBQ
Ranked #4 of 86 Restaurants in Spring Hill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The sign "It is what it is" was a warning and we should have left!!!!! It stank like a 1950s greasy diner. Waited 15 minutes for a take out ribs plate; there were no other customers. Guy who took our order came back up front front with a malicious smile on his face but said nothing as we waited. I wonder if they were out of ribs but didn't tell us. Maybe they put raw ribs on the grill for about 10 minutes because what we got home with was so tough and/or raw that we couldn't get them to pull apart at all. Afraid of getting food poisoning, I had to use a sharp knife to cut them apart to put in the oven. The sides were the smallest I can remember seeing anywhere but that was OK because they weren't good. It's like those roach motels people warn you about--- do yourself a favor, stay away and don't waste $25 !!!

4  Thank kim w

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We had pulled pork sandwiches and smoked turkey sandwiches-LOVED them! Can't wait to come back and try the ribs!

2  Thank Kay47797
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The barbeque was fantastic, some of the best I have ever eaten. Had the fried strawberry pie, it was awesome. The staff was super friendly. I will definitely be eating there again.

2  Thank Hudd01
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic white sauce, mac and cheese, and my smoked turkey was moist and full of flavor. The staff and owner were courteous and warm. All the food is scratch made and delicious. I'll be returning soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was our second trip to Jack of Hearts; it was a disappointment! My son was visiting so we decided to get some Q for a late lunch. We wanted to try everything so we ordered a family meal plus a half rack of ribs. The turkey was moist and the pulled pork was almost as good as last time. The ribs and the brisket were not to the standards of any BBQ you'd expect. One of the employees came over to ask how things were and I said the food was not as good as we expected, especially the ribs. His reply was "that's the way we do it here" which was a surprise. I expected a little more concern about our experience. As far as the sides the beans are great, the slaw OK and the mac 'n cheese was VERY dry - could have been leftover/ reheated.

We were looking forward to some great Q and got mediocre instead. I'm not going to be in a hurry to go back.

1  Thank Carl M