“We Were Disapointed This Visit!”
Review of Jack of Hearts BBQ

Jack of Hearts BBQ
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Spring Hill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Thompsons Station, TN
“We Were Disapointed This Visit!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was our second trip to Jack of Hearts; it was a disappointment! My son was visiting so we decided to get some Q for a late lunch. We wanted to try everything so we ordered a family meal plus a half rack of ribs. The turkey was moist and the pulled pork was almost as good as last time. The ribs and the brisket were not to the standards of any BBQ you'd expect. One of the employees came over to ask how things were and I said the food was not as good as we expected, especially the ribs. His reply was "that's the way we do it here" which was a surprise. I expected a little more concern about our experience. As far as the sides the beans are great, the slaw OK and the mac 'n cheese was VERY dry - could have been leftover/ reheated.

We were looking forward to some great Q and got mediocre instead. I'm not going to be in a hurry to go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Carl M

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Average BBQ”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The turkey was flavorless with only a hint of smoke. I guess I ordered a meal that didn't actually come with BBQ sauce as I had to ask for it. Weird...you'd think it would be on the table. Mac and cheese was...ehhh, ok but not very cheesy. Beans were a welcome surprise. Had a nice kick to it. Roll was store bought but ok. A little pricy though for no more than I got. Small place with not a lot of parking. Don't know if I'd go back.

• Visited May 2013
“Smoky & moist”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

If you like smoky meat this is your place!

Like another reviewer said, good... but just good. I had the smoked Turkey, my wife had the pulled pork & our friend had the ribs. Turkey was very moist, warm, and flavorful. I would give the turkey 5 stars. Pork was good, but in a crowded local market of good pulled pork it was in the middle of the pack. Our friend was looking for ribs that were soaking wet with BBQ sauce, and these were more smoked ribs. They were falling off the bone - which is good, but again very smoky and middle of the road ribs.

Sides: Mac & Cheese -> very good
Beans -> really spicy with cyan pepper
Green Beans -> flavored with turkey drippings, bacon & apple cider. Not my cup of tea with the tart sweetness, but my wife liked them.

Two different people came to check on us and after noticing my beans were still on my plate they offered to give me another side... So A+ service there.

I would go back again if I'm craving some good smokey meat.

• Visited April 2013
“Good but...... Just good”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Little place, very little seating. Food was good but over priced, which when leaving made me feel it was just OK. Sides suck. All the people saying this is good.......sadly are suburb yuppies and haven't had good barbeque.

• Visited March 2013
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Some Good Eatin'! And Friendly Southern Folks!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were in Spring Hill for business and wanted to try some local food. We were not disappointed with JOH! Delish BBQ!! Especially loved the smoked turkey breast and white sauce. They seemed to be a little pricey when ordering but when your food arrives you will see why! Not only are the portions very generous they are so very tasty. Our only problem was that we live too far away to go back again soon!!! We will go again when in the area for sure!

• Visited March 2013