“great historic site”

Rippavilla Plantation
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Spring Hill
Reviewed January 5, 2014

interesting site and the tour guides are very knowledgeable and patient, always willing to answer any questions one may have
the plantation it self is very pretty, the ground are very large and they sometimes have events going on.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

A very interesting place to take the family its a must if your going to be in the area and the corn maze and also the craft/antiques shows are great.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I were married on the front steps of Rippavilla in 2001. It's a great place for such events. But it's a fantastic stop at all other times for history buffs. The house is a rare find itself. And the furniture, photos, and Civil War memorabilia collections are amazing. The staff knows a lot of the history of the house and is able to put it in context. It's easy to access from I-65 if you're passing through the area -- only about 10 minutes out of your way. They also do a lot of concerts, fun events, and more throughout the year -- a corn maze in the Fall, etc.

1  Thank Gr8TravelerTN
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The first time I tried to see this plantation they were having a History Fair and I couldn't even get in the (very long) driveway so vowed to come back another time. I returned a couple weeks later, arriving shortly after 9 a.m. because that's when the brochure said they opened for tours. There was a note on the door saying they opened at 9:30. We stayed until 9:45 and, when not one opened the door or answered the phone, finally decided to move on to our next destination. We returned a few hours later and finally took the long awaited tour. It is a beautiful house but has been changed a lot since Civil War days. It seemed like there was more explaining about all the changes that had been done to the house than anything else. The little bit of history we did hear was interesting though. They were getting ready to have a wedding on the premises later in the day. It would be a beautiful place to getting married. However, after touring several other plantation houses in the state I'm not sure it was worth the bother. I would have rated it higher if we had been allowed to take pictures though. Since, I'm sure, pictures allowed for weddings why don't they allow pictures on tours?

3  Thank 1AZAdventurer
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Our tour guide was very knowledgeable - not just about the house but also local civil war history. The house itself is magnificent and I would recommend to anyone interested in history.