“Fantastic piece of history”

Rippavilla Plantation
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Spring Hill
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Our tour guide was very knowledgeable - not just about the house but also local civil war history. The house itself is magnificent and I would recommend to anyone interested in history.

There are newer reviews for Rippavilla Plantation

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We happened upon this plantation using a Middle Tennessee Civil War Traveler Guide. It was a great find. We had a personal tour, because on one else was there, and it was great. Our guide, I'm sorry to have forgotten his name, was so knowledgeable and didn't go completely by a script, he just seemed to be genuinely interested in everything about the plantation and the Civil War.
The rooms were some of the most beautiful that we've seen on our trips. The grounds are going to be just as beautiful with the coming of Spring.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

As a real history buff, I enjoyed the tales that our tour guide had to tell as well as the beautiful furniture and architecture in this home. If you are in the area and like history, you should see this house.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This plantation is in excellent condition. We took a day trip and we pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the house. The guide connected the plantation and family to the Battle of Franklin.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Even though I have lived in Middle Tennessee for quite a while, I have never had the opportunity to visit until My Dad came to visit . It was a very informative tour and a very beautiful property. I hope to visit again with my husband who has never been even though he was born in Tennessee.

1  Thank Cheryl P

Been to Rippavilla Plantation? Share your experiences!