Howard Johnson Hotel Spring City
$60
$58
Best Western Dayton(Dayton)(Great Value!)
$88
Sleep Inn & Suites(Dayton)(Great Value!)
$81
$95
ComfortInn
$129
Fairfield Inn
Holiday Inn Express Dayton(Dayton)(Great Value!)
$88
$115
$110
$55
All reviewsmovie theaterrailroad tracksno elevatortrain runstheater roomher cell phoneroom was cleanlight sleeperenjoyed my staystaff was friendlycontinental breakfastvery nice hotelwould stay againfront desk staffhojodvdstn
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We were on a trip to the Worlds Longest Yard sale and my husband took a chance and made reservations at this hotel with NO research! i was immediatelty terrified!! We were not looking forward to the surprise hotel! However we were completely shocked when we arrived at this HoJo!! I had never stayed at a HoJo before and was stunned when we walked in the lobby and saw the theatre. The rooms were beautiful with color and nice furnishings and had LCD Tvs. The room smelled great and felt very comfortable. The bathroom was also very nice large with a great selection of bath and body works products for your needs. The hotel even has a freezer outside the theatre that contained several varities of ice cream!! Overall this was BY FAR the best hotel we have stayed while on the yard sale and i fully intend to stay there again if possible! We actually compared all the other hotels to it, we would say this is nice but its NOT the HoJo!!! I HIGHLY reccomend this hotel!! I hope that HoJo follows suit and creates more hotels of this value and quality!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This hotel was nice. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed. My ONLY real complaint was that it is directly across the street from the well used railroad tracks. We heard trains going through at 12:00 AM and again at 6:00 AM, (many times throughout the day but who cares about daytime?) The breakfast left a little to be desired. They had a fairly good variety (two cereals, yogurt, toast, bagels, plain oatmeal, plain grits, coffee, two juices, breakfast bars, and some fresh fruit.) Nothing that my teen-age kids really wanted or my husband (that really wants something hot like sausage biscuits) really wanted. There is a McDonald's two buildings away and a family restaurant right next door. (We ate at both.) The staff was very friendly and quick to help (we asked for extra towels and an extra key and got them immediately). We were in town for a wedding and this hotel was not the most convenient to everything we needed but over all I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I was blown away by this hotel. We couldn't stay at our rented lakeside cabin and had to go to the town of Spring City to stay. If this place is representative of the way Howard Johnson's is going, I am signing on to stay there consistently (at least until other people catch on and the rates go up, as they undoubtedly will). The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, in contrast to employees of others around any holiday-time.

We usually stay at Marriott, if slumming it at some lower-end Hilton, and this place is nicer than any of those in which we have stayed as of late. And this little establishment has a "kicker" that can't be beat...they have a theater. It has12 seats, is very cute and snug, and you and friends can watch your choice of DVDs, enjoying cinema-style seating and theater-quality sound. It was almost surreal, given the setting (Spring CIty, Tennessee!).

The king bed was very nice, and I slept as if reclining on a cloud. Nice. The high-ceilinged room included a DVD/VHS player, fridge and microwave, all nicely obscured in new-appearing furniture. The bathroom featured a chess-board tile floor, over-sized shower and large shower-head. I really did NOT expect such a nice room from a Hojo. My only complaint is that either we couldn't figure out how to adjust the temp, or the hot water was temporarily scarce in the morning.

I did not partake of the breakfast but heard it was only (truly) continental - cereal, muffins, and coffee). I really can't comment, as I did not see it myself.

I will go out of my way to stay here at any chance I get. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2009

I had come to Dayton to pick up my daughter from college and had had a bad experience at a hotel there. A waitress at a restaurant in Dayton recommended this hotel in Spring City. I was a little reluctant because I had not seen it and it was a few miles farther down the road...we didn't have a reservation...but man, I am so glad I took the chance! We were exhausted after traveling all day, and the front desk clerk was incredibly friendly but not too patronizing, taking care of everything we needed. The lobby is very nice and looks like you are entering a bed-and-breakfast, or someone's really nice plantation home. Our room was beautiful and very clean, and the bathroom was amazing. Breakfast was good; a typical continental breakfast. Again, at check-out, the clerk was so nice, even letting me borrow her cell phone for a quick call since mine had died. I plan to stay at this hotel every time we go to Dayton now, even though it's a little out of the way. Thank you, HoJo, for treating us so well!

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We stayed at this HOJO for nearly a week while looking at properties in the area. The front desk staff and the owner were so gracious and accomodating. True southern hospitality! The room was squeaky clean and very quiet. I freely walked around in my bare feet, which I am usually too scared to do in a hotel room. The bathroom was spotless as well. I was worried about the train traffic across the street, but the room we were in faced the back of the hotel so we really didn't notice the train at all. My son loved the movie theatre they have there and most nights we had it to ourselves!

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)