“Not if your in a hurry”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Newport, Oregon
“Not if your in a hurry”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Food is good with good portions but be prepared to wait forit. Only bar in town. We had calzones and we liked them.

Visited May 2014

Harrison, Tennessee,USA
“Tasty pizza and more”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Winstead is a bit dark inside, but the food is tasty and the portions make it a great value if you can save some for another meal. The pizza is delicious, and they make a loaded baked potato that is amazing - but ask them to make sure it's VERY hot; with all the "stuff" they load into it, it cools down quickly. Plan on leftovers - the potato is usually enormous. Staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is casual and relaxed.

Visited February 2014
Dayton, Tennessee
“Not impressed”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Spring City is in need of a good restaurant and this is not it. Uncomfortable seating, poor service, and the food definitely leaves something to be desired. Only a handful of healthy choices. Over priced for what you get. Our food was all over cooked and dried out. They do not strive for quality here.

1 Thank Valeried312
Oakdale, TN
“Missed Opportunity”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are always searching for a good hamburger at a non-fast food restaurant, so we decided to try American Grill. After driving 30 miles, we thought our search would be in vain because the restaurant looked closed. There were no cars in the parking lot at around 1:00 on a Saturday afternoon. We went in anyway. We were seated in a bar area which looked like a nice place to relax and I was optimistic. I ordered the queen burger and onion rings, my husband ordered some type of large grilled hot dog. It took at least 40 minutes to get our order in a near empty restaurant. I even asked our waitress to check on it and was told it would be done in a couple of minutes...NOT TRUE! We actually started to leave because our waitress seemed to spend most of her time talking to customers at other tables. When we finally did get out food she said she was sorry it took so long...the grill was cooking really slow today for some reason. My burger could have been very good had it not been way overcooked...looked like a piece of charcoal on the bun. My husband's hotdog was only deemed OK, because when you wait that long for food it's hard to be objective. I'm sorry to say, but we will never go back. American Grill had possibilities, but ended up being a missed opportunity for us due to extremely poor service and below average food.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Janet G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food. Slow poor service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family sat down for a nice dinner. Order 1 pizza for my husband and kids to eat and I ordered the hamburger steak. We got 2 appetizers. Stuffer mushrooms witch are very big and very good and jalapeño poppers. We rarely got drink refills. The pizza came out 45 minutes later before the appetizers then my food came out 20 minutes after the pizza. 5 minutes later the appetizers arrived. The food was all delicious but in a weird arrival fashion. I recommend eating here if you have 3-4 hours to kill.

1 Thank C-l B