“Quiet, clean, friendly, great for dogs”
Review of Piney Point Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spring City
Piney Point Resort
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My two malamutes were welcome. We stayed in a one bedroom cabin that was very clean. The bed was comfortable. Kitchen was completely outfitted, right down to dish towels and paper towels. All I needed was food! Wireless Internet was faster than I expected. Verizon phone had a few issues within the cabin, but fine outside. We were in a valley between ridges, I expected some cell phone issues. I parked right beside my cabin every night, try that at a hotel!
Each cabin has a nice view of the inlet and/or lake. It was quiet and relaxing. If you need anything, Jane and Wayne drop what they are doing and deliver fantastic service! I will definitely be staying there again!
Getting to it is a winding country road and two road signs were missing, hardly Wayne and Jane's fault! It is still easy to find if you follow Jane's directions. Forget Google Maps! It is Haskell Rd you turn off on from US 27, not Heiskell!
A huge plus for dog people, they charge per dog per STAY, not per night!! Yippeee!!! They were almost half the cost of what I had been paying for a hotel at Harriman!
I can't say enough good things about Piney Point Resort!! They are wonderful hosts with a beautiful place. They keep it clean. The grounds are kept mowed short, the cabins clean and well provided, the boat area is neat and tidy as well. They have a beach area, but I did not go down there. I’m sure it is clean and neat as the rest of the place.
I have already recommended it to several people. :)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank woodswolf1
There are newer reviews for Piney Point Resort

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Wayne and Jane run a great fishing resort! The cabins are nestled in the trees right next to the water on Watts Bar Lake. We had two cabins side-by-side. Not only are they cute, but they are immaculate as my attached photos will attest. All the basics are provided and if you need anything replenished, they are happy to accommodate you. Jane was a real sweetheart when I had a coffee emergency. ;-)

The cabins have picnic tables, Adirondack chairs, and bbq grills outside them which we enjoyed. We grilled out one night and then sat in the Adirondacks in awe of the sky above, so rich with stars it was mesmerizing.

You won't meet two nicer people than Wayne and Jane, and the resort embodies their kind and good-natured spirit. My husband has stayed with them a couple of times, but this was my first visit. I will certainly stay again! It was a great time!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mlschless
Reviewed June 14, 2010

This year will be our 3rd year with Wayne and Jane at Piney Point! Family friendly, safe and fun! We love our family vacation here! Best part...kids have no cell signal with ATT and are forced to spend some quality time with the family! Tubing and fishing is FANTASTIC on Watts Bar We stay in an A frame and love it!! 25 More Days Til Vacation This Year!!! Cant wait!! We have kids from 16 to 10 and this is the best place for all 7 of us to vacation at a great price!!! See yall in July Wayne and Jane!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank LovePineyPoint
Reviewed April 12, 2010

The "A" frame cabin that we stayed in had the roof leaking and the beds were horrible. They had fleas in the bed linings, old dogs that had not been treated for fleas and tried to go inside the cabins as if they were owners pets!! We were told that they had strict rules but seemed to us to be selective as to enforcing the rules. We pulled our boat up the wrong driveway because their wasn''t any sign to tell us which way to the launching ramp and were jumped on by the owners when we backed out because we accidentally ran off the gravel road into the sparce grass. I will never stay at this place again and never recommend it to ANYONE!

• Stayed: April 2010
2  Thank lookinforfish
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Wayne and Jane, You guys exibit the best in human nature. My wife and I along with our friends Bill and Eileen had a great couple days. We will return soon. Thanks again,Danny, Knoxville Tn

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2009

My Husband, his brothers and friends are almost ready to arrive at Piney Point Resort in less than an hour, as I write this. This is their yearly trek to the Lake in TN.
They have been going down every year for at least 25 years now. We thought it was a secret place, although we know ever one that has come always returns. The fishing is the very best. The owners of the Resort have always been so sweet and generous. The countryside is so beautiful...so soothing. We also have gone together for just a little get away and I personally have enjoyed just hanging out and taking pictures of the views. If you want to stay you need to reserve a spot in advance ( well ahead) for those who love it...always come back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wicketcain2006
Reviewed February 16, 2009

In October 2008, my Husband and two sons went for a few days for a "guys getaway". They had a wonderful time. We have been going to Piney Point since before we were married in 1973. My husband's family first started going in 1945...before there were any cabins, just tents. Our sons both went within the first 6 months of their lives and still go and have a great time, and they are now 34 and 29. We may not go every year, but we will always return. We even honeymooned there. It's just a laid back, clean, relaxing place. We enjoy spending time talking with Wayne and Jane. It feels like we've known them forever. Reasonably priced and not too far from home....it's just a great place to get away from all the stresses of life.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
#5 of 7 in Sweetwater
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 12 in Crossville

Been to Piney Point Resort? Share your experiences!