“Definitely small town cafe”
Review of Blue Ribbon Cafe

Blue Ribbon Cafe
Ranked #16 of 40 Restaurants in Soddy Daisy
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was a big disappointment. Restaurant was dirty, we seemed to interfere with the waitresses texting, and food was not good. Menu was sticky and dirty. I got what was their best salad - with tropical fruit and cranberries, nuts etc. It cost $9.00. What I got was iceburg lettuce with canned tropical fruit of pineapple and papaya (UGH!), a few slivered almonds, no cranberries. Chicken was plentiful but NO flavor at ALL - not even salt and pepper! DON"T go here...keep going and go to Zaxby's!

1  Thank pngbushmeri
There are newer reviews for Blue Ribbon Cafe

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Blue Ribbon Cafe is a hidden treasure in my small town. Our family eats there at least once a week. Their sweet tea & fried green tomatoes are what being in the South is all about. If you are looking for the best homemade desserts in town you better come quickly. When strawberries are in season the strawberry cake is to die for! Also check out the homemade cinnamon rolls only made the 1st Friday of the month. They have cheeseburgers every Friday with homemade buns (are you seeing the trend of homemade???). I had the shrimp & grits for the first time this week and it was to die for. The grits were perfect! Anyway, I could go on and on but to sum it up, if you are within driving distance of this place get in your car now and make the trip. Tell the girls I sent you!

1  Thank ashnlilsmom3
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

It's too bad because the food is pretty good, but the service has gone downhill. Its terrible. I believe this is a family run restaurant so waitress is probably the daughter of the owner. The day I went, it it was lunch time, but almost empty. we were waited on by a young lady with dark hair and glasses who was dressed like a slob. She was sullen and acted like we were a bother for coming in.
She got my order wrong, but I never got the chance to tell her because she never came back to the table. We also wanted dessert, but since we never saw the waitress again, didn't get the chance to order. We finally had to go and stand at cash register to pay. Some guy in the back told her we were standing there. She didn't say a word, didn't ask if we wanted anything else, or how our meal was. Just rang it up and that was it. Dumb because she must not realize that she is costing herself tip money AND losing customers for the restaurant. We were regular customers, but will not be returning.

2  Thank fifibooboo
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Daily specials are written on an oversize chalkboard such as fish taco, chicken and dumplings, meatloaf, and southern vegetables, prime rib wraps with sweet potato fries are a few of the favorites that come to mind. Great small town restaurant with small town ambiance. The owners cook most of the meals personally. I think they have been there every single time we go. The deserts also listed on the chalkboard are to die for (according to my wife). Decor is quaint kind of like the stuff seen on the hit show Pickers.

1  Thank Clell L
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I wanted a quiet and cozy restaurant to celebrate our "ask" day...October 18th. I am so glad that I remembered the Blue Ribbon Cafe! My husband had a pasta dish and I chose the grilled talapia. Server was friendly. Food was brought out quickly and was delicious. Such a generous portion on the talipia, I had a to-go-box! We so enjoyed the coziness and none of the noiseness of larger chain restaurants. We leave nearby and sometimes forget what we have so close. Have since been again...a little busier thaat night, but the food was still great.

1  Thank T L