“OMG! Very good homestyle Italian food!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chianti Ristorante Italiano and Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Whether looking for a romantic dinner for two, a hot coffee drink and a slice of cake, or a casual lunch, our staff at Chianti prides themselves in their ability to satisfy the wide variety of guests that have chosen us over the years.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have tried many italian style restaurants. Many folks like to put Olive Garden on a pedestal. Well Olive Garden lovers, make way for a great a locally owned Italiano restaurant! I had the Chicken parmigiana with fettucini alfredo and side salad. The alfredo could have used a little more pepper, but very good. My husband ordered the pasta chianti. If you love rosemary and garlic, then this dish is for you. It was very light and clean tasting for a pasta dish. My son ordered the baked ziti. It was so good that I couldn't help stealing bites from his plate. The beef marinara was very thin. Sadly, tomatoes are not in season yet. That lets me know that the sauce is made in house. I can't wait for tomato season so I can get another perspective of their sauce. Can't wait, going back this weekend!
They do make their own Italian dressing, be warned it is only balsamic vinegar and olive oil. If you prefer a less overwhelming dressing try their ranch.
Don't let the building and ambiance fool you. Website makes it look fancy and the building looks outdated, but the food is excellent!

2  Thank queenozma

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We happened to go here on a recommendation from someone we trust and have easily made this our preferred italian eatery. It does not have great ambiance however I go for the food not always the ambiance. You can take your own wine which is nice. No wait ever for you to get a seat for now.

1  Thank Clell L
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went with some friends who told us about a great neat Italian restaurant that was old country homemade style food. They are new to the area, and not advertised. I was plesantly suprised and will certainly go back and tell all my friends. This is the 2nd true Italian restaurant in this small town. The pizzia that my friends had was huge 19" thin crust and was excellent. We ordered veal parmigiana with tomato sauce and cheese. A good size salad and spagetti came with the meal. Very good. I hope people will try these CHIANTI. Location is 6/10 mile north of Montlake rd. and Dayton Pike on the right.

1  Thank TennesseeBob
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great pizza, house made bread, several tomato-based sauces, everything plated beautifully. Don't let the looks of the place mislead you. This place is fantastic.

2  Thank BillVol
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This restaraunt is not really advertised, so they don't get alot of business. Don't let the looks fool you, everything is homemade and fresh. The large pizza is 19' in diameter! They do serve beer and you are welcome to bring your on wine.

2  Thank Dawn W