“Very nice hotel in a great area”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed here for work. Hotel is very clean & staff was very helpful & friendly. I did have a $49 extra charge on my bill for the restaurant in the hotel that I never visited. But the front desk removed it. Other than that-everything was great.

• Stayed: October 2011
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

 Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and I am glad to here the problem with the charge was taken care quickly. Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were made very welcome, and looked after especially in restaurant. Everything worked and this was a pleasant stop on our second Michigan to Florida wedding trip in 2011.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gwgMimsFlorida
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

We are glad to hear how much you liked our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at the HGI while visiting our son that lives in Nashville. The hotel is convenient to Nashville and has many good restaurants nearby. The beds were terrific. The king bed had the individual firmness controls where as I don't believe that the queens beds in my daughters room had these. My husband and I had a king room with a connecting door to the room our teenage daughter stayed in. The hotel was quiet, clean and very comfortable. We will definitely stay again when in the Nashville area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our king bed here at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Smyrna during your stay with us. Please return often!

Reviewed March 8, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks while working over at the Smyrna Airport and chose this hotel for myself and my clients based on location and earlier reviews. The hotel is very nice, clean and modern. The staff is generally quite friendly, especially Peggy, the breakfast chef, who does a very nice job.

The room had a good quality, king size bed, was smoke free, came with a mini fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, desk & office chair (could have had better support, swayed back too easily). The bed was very comfortable and even had adjustable firmness, which is quite nice. It has a little dial along the side of the mattress, by the head/pillow area. Its tucked away in a little pocket, so you've got to look for it.

The business area was adequate, though scanning was not working. Printing was fine.

Ruby Tuesday's and Cracker Barrel are within walking distance. Otherwise, there are plenty of restaurants just on the other side of I-24, within about 1 mile, but mostly chains. More local establishments can be found along US-70S, closer to the Smyrna airport. Nothing special, though.

So, overall the hotel was very good. It did have some downsides, however.
1) Its proximity to the highway came with the usual traffic noise. I-24 has a lot of truck traffic, even late at night. If you are at all noise sensitive, I suggest asking for a room far from the highway. I was in 212 and it was tolerable.
2) The internet was INCREDIBLY SLOW, whether you were using the wireless or ethernet. For a hotel of this quality & name, it should have been FAR better. Word was that they were working on it, but it did not improve at all during my 2 weeks there. Get a new server, people.
3) For those that must have their evening cookie, you better plan on getting it before 8pm, otherwise they tend to be gone... plan to get even earlier on the weekend, when this hotel was particularly busy due to local events.
4) The bed and breakfast deal costs and extra $10 day on top of your regular room rate. Unless you plan to eat omelets and other things that are to be made for you, you can save money by paying a la carte.
5) Pool was tiny. Hot tub was broken the whole time that I was there.

Regarding BBQ recommendations below, Nick & Jim's is really good and its close to the hotel. For real, local takeout BBQ that's literally from a little BBQ shack with a smoker, find CBQ BBQ on US 70S, over near the Nissan Plant. Really nice people working there, good quality food. Ribs fall off the bone. Plan to take it someplace else to eat it, though, and expect a real hole-in-the-wall sort of place... but that's where I've tended to find the best BBQ in the south.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank ColradoWeatherguy
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We are sorry you had a slow internet and will be addressing the problem to see what can
be done to address the problems you experienced.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again when you are in the Nahville/Smyran area.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. Both times it has been very neat, clean, and comfortable. All staff I have encountered have been helpful and kind. The food is very good. It is very close to shopping and dining.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review for the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

Great hotel. Great sales and front desk staff. Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010

Your complimentary review of the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel with wonderful staff! You feel great the minute you walk in this hotel. It is so pretty and well appointed. The room was so comfortable and clean with great beds, pillows and shower. Although there are nice restaurants next door, including Cracker Barrell, I enjoyed a great breakfast here at the hotel. My friend had the buffet for the standard price, but I wanted just a piece of toast with coffee and the staff adjusted the price for that. A great breakfast at a great price. I requested a late checkout and was accommodated by a very courteous staff. There is great shopping and dining in the area.I loved this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
innovativehotels, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

Thank you so much for your recent review of our Hilton Garden Inn Nashville - Smyrna Hotel. We appreciate your kind words, and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in the level of service and accomodations that we can provide to our guests while they're visiting the Nashville / Smyrna area, and it appears that you noticed! We will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with our staff so that they know that thier efforts are appreciated. If your travels ever bring you back to the Nashville area please come back and see us at the Hitlon Garden Inn Nashville / Smryna. Thank you!