“4 star for the price range, Surprisingly great for hotel class”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed April 18, 2013

In my experience with Hilton, Hamptons are a cut below the Hilton Garden Inns. While it's true this hotel lacks the bar and restaurant of the neighboring HGI, the lobby and rooms are well furnished with quality pieces, the decor is up scale, Internet is free, and the breakfast buffet unusually complete. Very comfortable with a very friendly and competent staff. There is no restaurant, but there is a small market with food and drink items that are microwave ready (rooms have microwaves and refrigerators).

The rooms are comfortable with plenty of plugs for electronics. The fitness room is small with some limited cardio equipment, but it's serviceable. The location is at a freeway interchange, but noise was not intrusive. There are two chain restaurants in the immediate area plus the restaurant in the neighboring HGI, however there are abundant choices farther up Sam Ridley Parkway, though you will need a car to access those.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for you comment that we are " Very comfortable with a very friendly and competent staff." Your review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Nashville / Smyrna is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I will begin with a positive comment: We have always stayed at Hampton Inns and been very satisfied. Not this time.

On Saturday, April 6 my husband and I began a long drive home to Michigan from southwest Florida. Knowing spring break traffic would be heavy, we made on-line reservations at this hotel at 6am before we left. We received an email with a confirmation #. All set - so we thought.

At 8:30 pm that evening, still driving, now only outside Atlanta after 12 hours in horrific traffic, we received a call from the hotel saying "our computer systems went down for a while, so we don't have a room for you." What??? "I've tried calling other hotels in our area for you but everyone is full. Maybe you can start calling other places from your car because we are so busy right now. I am so sorry, " she said. Shocked, we called 1-800-Hampton and spent 45 minutes on the phone with a helpful woman who tried her best to locate a room anywhere between Atlanta and Nashville. Nothing. We resigned ourselves to driving straight through or sleeping in the car.

At 11:30pm a call came from the Smyrna hotel saying someone didn't check in and we could have their smoking suite. For health reasons we do not ever stay in smoking rooms. We are a young 60 years old, but a bed sounded better than sleeping in the car, so we agreed this time, having no other choice. We arrived at 1:30am, went up to the room, hopeful the smell would not be too bad. The hotel had set up an ozone machine to try to clear the smoking smell from the room - to no avail. The smoke smell was so thick it was nauseating and throat closing - the worst we've ever encountered anywhere. We could not stay there. We drove on and at 3:00am in the morning, after 18 hours of driving, - exhausted - pulled off on an exit and slept in our car in a parking lot.

We appreciate the Hampton Inn staff for apologizing and trying to find us a room, but we had a confirmed reservation and feel it was their responsibility to accommodate us in whatever way possible. We even asked if they could put 2 roll-aways in a curtained conference room that was empty, but they said they had given all their roll-aways to a baseball team. At that point I would have been willing to sleep in a smoke-free linen closet!

We planned ahead - they made a mistake - and as a result we had 3 hours of uncomfortable/unsafe, sleep/rest in our car.

Two days after arriving home we received an email survey asking how we liked our stay there!!! We couldn't get the survey link to work - so I'm writing it here. We are still hoping there will be some sort of compensation.

Room Tip: When you make a reservation on-line, do not assume you have a room, even if you have a confirmation...
Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hampton Inns are usually not a bad choice for reasonably priced quick business trips. This one however was just a disappointment. The room was dark and smelled like burned popcorn. Housekeeping was on an odd schedule. Towels were very worn. Bedding and decor were badly in need of an update. With so many choices in this small area I would not stay here in the future. The Hilton Garden Inn just across the parking lot is a much better Hilton Family option.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Well located. Easy to find. Nice area. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, courteous and helpful. Internet in room worked well and was appreciated. The breakfast was VERY good and the 2 mornings we were there the breakfast was varied but equally good. Our only complaint was the mattresses were in bad shape needing replaced badly. The pool, which I saw no one ever using was miniature in size but the hotel itself was on the smaller size (only 3 stories). The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. They also let us stay a couple hours after checkout time as we still had another soccer game to play that afternoon. That was a big help since the girls needed to rest before the next game. The weather was horribly cold, windy so we appreciated the hotel giving us those extra 2 hours before having to leave.

Room Tip: They need to get new mattresses, those are worn out. Pool was miniature size. Internet in room was a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

It is good to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn Nashville / Smyrna. I sure hope the soccer game went well for you and you will be able to return again soon. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel was well kept and staff was very friendly. Easy access from interstate with restaurants next door. Only had one problem is that they called me while driving to see if I could switch rooms because they had not booked enough rooms for our large group even though I had made my reservations a month in advance. They were very kind about it and even gave me a discount for changing rooms. But the front desk dropped the ball on that also. We I received a copy of my bill kindly slid under my door I had to go to front desk to make them adjust it to the discounted rate as promised. Different lady handled this but she did so without much questioning. So they handled everything pretty smoothly. Very nice people would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

It is nice to hear you think we have nice people and that the hotel is well kept. We are sorry about the room matter and glad to hear it was handled quickly for you. Thank you for your review and we hope we can host you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for a week on business and I was very satisfied. There is a Hilton next door and for us it would have been almost twice the price. This is not worth it do not pay extra, this Hampton is worth staying at. There was free breakfast every morning and it was definately resturant quality. There are a lot places to eat close by and there is a Super Target across the interstate if you need supplies. They have large rooms with a desk and fridge. Please do not hesitate to stey at this property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Your statement " this Hampton is worth staying at" was very nice to hear. Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff was fine and the place was nice, but it seems awful cheap not to take part in the hilton point promos which are the very reason I stopped at this one to begin with. You're either ONE brand or you're not - individual hotels being stingy with points within the chain is ridiculous. I drove by a dozen hotels just to get to this hilton property, thinking it was worth it for the points. Turns out it's not. I'll drive by this one for another hilton property that plays along next time.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

We are sorry for the experience you are having with our HHonors program. Please send us a detailed email to our Guest Assistance department. Please include your HHonors number and the confirmation number of your stay. That email address is <hilton.comments@hilton.com>. We look forward to your reply and will gladly try to assist. Thank you.