“It is after all a Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Huntington, NY
“It is after all a Hampton Inn”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hampton Inns are usually not a bad choice for reasonably priced quick business trips. This one however was just a disappointment. The room was dark and smelled like burned popcorn. Housekeeping was on an odd schedule. Towels were very worn. Bedding and decor were badly in need of an update. With so many choices in this small area I would not stay here in the future. The Hilton Garden Inn just across the parking lot is a much better Hilton Family option.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jasper, IN
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Well located. Easy to find. Nice area. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, courteous and helpful. Internet in room worked well and was appreciated. The breakfast was VERY good and the 2 mornings we were there the breakfast was varied but equally good. Our only complaint was the mattresses were in bad shape needing replaced badly. The pool, which I saw no one ever using was miniature in size but the hotel itself was on the smaller size (only 3 stories). The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. They also let us stay a couple hours after checkout time as we still had another soccer game to play that afternoon. That was a big help since the girls needed to rest before the next game. The weather was horribly cold, windy so we appreciated the hotel giving us those extra 2 hours before having to leave.

Room Tip: They need to get new mattresses, those are worn out. Pool was miniature size. Internet in room was a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
It is good to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn Nashville / Smyrna. I sure hope the soccer game went well for you and you will be able to return again soon. Thank you for your review.
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was well kept and staff was very friendly. Easy access from interstate with restaurants next door. Only had one problem is that they called me while driving to see if I could switch rooms because they had not booked enough rooms for our large group even though I had made my reservations a month in advance. They were very kind about it and even gave me a discount for changing rooms. But the front desk dropped the ball on that also. We I received a copy of my bill kindly slid under my door I had to go to front desk to make them adjust it to the discounted rate as promised. Different lady handled this but she did so without much questioning. So they handled everything pretty smoothly. Very nice people would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
It is nice to hear you think we have nice people and that the hotel is well kept. We are sorry about the room matter and glad to hear it was handled quickly for you. Thank you for your review and we hope we can host you again in the near future.
Colorado
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for a week on business and I was very satisfied. There is a Hilton next door and for us it would have been almost twice the price. This is not worth it do not pay extra, this Hampton is worth staying at. There was free breakfast every morning and it was definately resturant quality. There are a lot places to eat close by and there is a Super Target across the interstate if you need supplies. They have large rooms with a desk and fridge. Please do not hesitate to stey at this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Your statement " this Hampton is worth staying at" was very nice to hear. Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next visit.
Indiana
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff was fine and the place was nice, but it seems awful cheap not to take part in the hilton point promos which are the very reason I stopped at this one to begin with. You're either ONE brand or you're not - individual hotels being stingy with points within the chain is ridiculous. I drove by a dozen hotels just to get to this hilton property, thinking it was worth it for the points. Turns out it's not. I'll drive by this one for another hilton property that plays along next time.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry for the experience you are having with our HHonors program. Please send us a detailed email to our Guest Assistance department. Please include your HHonors number and the confirmation number of your stay. That email address is <hilton.comments@hilton.com>. We look forward to your reply and will gladly try to assist. Thank you.
Indiana
Reviewed January 20, 2013

A clean Hampton property and with small refrigerator and microwave. I am spoiled because this property is much like most where I stay. Hampton is at the lowest end of the Hilton Hhonors properties but this one is updated. I saw a comment about bedding but this ours was very comfortable! I am not a fan of the powdered eggs (typical Hampton)breakfast (and waffles do not excite me) and at this place the eggs were dry and not tasty at all. Yes, there is a fair breakfast variety of fresh fruit and cereal so I ate yogurt when the eggs did not please me. I have now stayed at 2 of the 7 hotels lined up at this exit and both were equal. There are a few chain restaurants nearby for convenience and there is a Starbucks just across the interstate highway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
 We apologize that you did not find your breakfast to your liking. Our goal is to provide a variety of alternatives to accommodate diverse health and food preferences for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I reserved a king and they tried to give me two queens. The clerk acted like it was no big deal and seemed offended when I didn't want to change. The bed was uncomfortable and hard. The duvet was shabby and had large lumps of stuffing interspersed with vast areas of no stuffing at all. It was lumpy--very lumpy. And cold in spots. And not very comfortable. The pillows were extremely small; about half the size of a regular bed pillow. There were only four of these little ones for the entire king size bed. Propping yourself against the headboard and watching television was impossible. I have to go to that area often. This hotel was not cheap. I expect better when I pay more. I will NOT stay there again. On the upside, it was clean. The pool was small but nice. The bathroom was nice. The internet was relatively fast. The best thing about this hotel was the breakfast which was included. Yummy, yummy, yummy. The best hotel breakfast buffet I ever ate. Cheese omelets, sausage, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, and waffles and all the extras. The breakfast attendant was helpful, courteous and polite. I tried to check out and return my room cards/keys. I waited and waited and waited and no one ever showed up at the front desk. I finally just left them on the counter. Where did they all go? No daytime staff at all??? Stay somewhere else and eat at a restaurant. It will cost you about the same.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katrina G
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I was very happy to read from your review that you found our hotel to be clean, our staff to be courteous and friendly and that you enjoyed our breakfast. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and have a comfortable stay. I do however understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with some aspects of our hotel including not having a comfortable bed. Please know that our main priority is for all our guests to feel comfortable and I can assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration to improve our on-property experience. Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.