“Quality going down”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Atlanta, GA
“Quality going down”
Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

I have noticed over the many months of staying here their quality is going down from when I first started staying here. I am staying in more upgraded rooms too which makes this all the more strange. The housekeeping is really the big problem...they seem to expect a big tip every day to do their basic job...? They have not replaced my toilet paper while here and they are very half hearted about replacing my coffee for the in room coffee maker. I guess they are tired of trying to make an impression and the 'true colors' of the property have set in...regardless I am motivated to modify my original review of this property. I will give them a tip in public...there are 5 to 7 other hotels in a 4 mile radius....get your act together..if you desert your base they will move across the street...

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way back home in April 2012. It was very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a king suite with sofa sleeper. Plenty of room for our family. We did enjoy the pool area although the water was a little cold. There are several restaurants and shopping in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn Nashville / Smyrna. We hope to see you again when you travel back to Nashville area.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton during the week of Thanksgiving 2011. The hotel was very clean and the room I stayed in was extremely comfortable. Each morning they provided a full breakfast in the lobby area. There was a variety of breakfast foods each day from ham, sausage, bacon, omelets, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, cereal, all types of juices (orange, cranberry, apple), milk, coffee - and more! I thoroughly enjoyed breakfast all week. The room I stayed in was spotless with a flat screen TV and refrigerator. The beds were so comfortable that I had no trouble falling asleep as soon as I "tucked in". The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. The only thing strange to me at this hotel was the "tiny" swimming pool which was visible through glass windows as you walked down the main hallway on the first floor. That was a bit odd. But since I wasn't interested in swimming anyway it wasn't a main feature for me. I loved this location and will definitely return on my next visit to Nashville.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
We are glad to hear you think our hotel the Hampton Inn Nashville / Smyrna is "Extremely Comfy and Clean" . Thank you for your review.
Southaven, Mississippi
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I was staying there for the Tennesse State High School Bowling Tournament. I really like the hotel. It was clean, pretty, and effieciently run. The breakfast was good and the employees were all very nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn Nashville / Smyrna and thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves in being service professionals!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here for a weekend while visiting Middle Tennessee State for a football game. It has very nice amenities including 32" LCD TVs in every room and a great breakfast selection.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting middle Tennessee. It is 10 minutes north of Murfreesboro and 20 minutes south of Nashville

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
We are glad to hear how much you liked our hotel the Hampton Inn Nashville / Smyrna and look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This hotel was awesome. It was clean, people were nice, parking was abundant and the coffee and breakfast was good. I traveled for business and I was happy that the hotel honored my government rate. This location was not too far from downtown Nashville. It was nice to withdraw from the hubbub of my conference and relax. The downside? It is a bit too far to utilize a cab from Music Row. However, it is near many chain places and that too is helpful for those in a hurry or on a budget. The hotel has wi-fi and it works well and it was nice to have the laundry. The room was near the pool and during the day it was loud because of children shouting. No problem at night though. .

Room Tip: Make sure that you are not near the pool