“Egg Roll made me gag”

Asuka Hibachi and Buffet
Ranked #65 of 157 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is my first ever negative restaurant review, because I am pretty easy to please. But when you gag from a bad tasting egg roll (while trying to discretely place the bite in a napkin), and the management simply tries a different one and tells you there is nothing wrong with the one that just made you gag, I draw the line. I immediately and politely left after being charged full price. My wife was so angry (for me) that I'm sure she will be contacting the health department (she took the bad egg roll with her as proof.)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I ate dinner at Asuka. There were a lot of buffet items from which to choose. There was the normal stuff and a few different items were frog legs and crawfish. The food was good...not great. I don't think I'll go back.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have eaten at Asuka a lot but each time I have noticed it going down hill. Last night we went at 6:45 and the selection was low and tasted like it was leftover from lunch. They had 2 raw oysters mixed in with the clams. It was never filled up when we left. The froglegs were not fit to eat. This use to be a good place to eat but I'm afraid the owners aren't trying as hard now that it has been open awhile now. I really hope they step up and go back to keeping the buffet fresh. My overall rating being a 2 is from last nights experience. Bad dinner.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Buffett was good. Have been several times and sometimes not as fresh as others. Wide variety of food. Staff is very friendly.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent variety on the buffet including a decent salad bar. A hibachi to put together your own selection to be cooked and several sushi selections are included with the buffet. It is clean and the service is good. With a reasonable price it is a good choice.