“Nice room, closed pool, horrible breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The room was very nice, clean, etc.

The breakfast was awful
You can make waffles, but the batter is terrible
There were fried eggs that resembled water and were unedible
Fruit was dried up, impossible to eat
The coffee was ok

THere is also a pool and jukuzzi, but it was closed for repairs

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your room. I also want to thank you for bringing the other issues to our attention. This feedback was very helpful and I want to assure you that your issues have been addressed. We are dedicated to making sure that the hotel exceeds our guest’s expectations in all aspects. The breakfast has recently been upgraded and there is now a breakfast attendant that makes sure that all of the food is fresh and well prepared and is available during all breakfast hours should a guest have any needs. We take your feedback very seriously and I apologize that your experience did not meet the standards that we strive for. Thank you for your review and I hope that you will come stay with us again and that we can exceed your expectations on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hotel sinks run down unfriendly staff go check out no one at front desk cost to much for what you get.. Hotel not in good location the service was the worse I have ever had you would think someone would be at desk to say have a nice day .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew W
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to post a review. I am terribly sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. It is our goal to accommodate our guests in all areas, with the highest level of service. We take the satisfaction of our guests very seriously and I assure you that this issue will be addressed with the front desk staff. My apologies for someone not being at the desk when you checked out, I would love to have a little feed back as to what time this took place and to try and make this up to you in some way, if you could reach out to myself. I hope that you will change your mind about staying with us again. If you do, please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Very nice room. We were in a jacuzzi suite. King bed with a refrigerator, 2 chairs& microwave. Comfortable bedding. I do believe our room was a smoking room at some point. Had an odor of stale/ musty smoke. We did not move rooms. The indoor pool with hot tub was typical of a chain indoor pool. They do have towels & toys for the kids to use. One nice touch was the popcorn & cookies available in the lobby. My child loved that!
Breakfast was included as most hotels are. Nice selection. I am gluten so I typically bring my own cereal. They had fruit, yogurt I could eat. My son gives a hotel a good breakfast rating if they have biscuits & gravy. They did remember we are in the south.
Staff seems very nice. Our housekeeper had made a swan out of towels for our room. Too cute.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, no noise @ all.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank phislamajama
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a very nice review. We are always pleased to know that your experience with our hotel was a positive one. We are a completely non smoking hotel and have addressed the smell you referred to in that room. If there is anything we can do to make that up to you please feel free to reach out to myself. All of our staff thanks you very much for the kind words and look forward to a return visit should you be back in our area.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the attentive staff throughout my stay. It seemed like everyone from the front desk staff, to housekeeping and the person taking care of the breakfast buffet were genuinely interested in making my stay a comfortable one. The amenities were as expected for a Fairfield Inn, but the staff made it seem like I was in a higher level hotel. Well done!.
I stayed in one of the larger suites that had a jacuzzi tub which was an added bonus.
Room was clean. Location is within walking distance of a Cracker Barrel and has an O'Charley's just steps outside the door. Lots of shopping/restaurants over the interstate within half a mile of the hotel. So, it's very convenient.
Also, if you're inclined to take a walk or a jog, just turn right when leaving the driveway and you'll dead end into a road with a sidewalk in a neighborhood that leads to a small park about a mile away.
Overall, I'd stay here again should I find myself needing lodging in the area.
I've provided a few photos too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We really appreciate great reviews like you have sent. We are always striving to make every guest experience the best and are very happy to know that we achieved our goal with your stay. We truly look forward to serving you again sometime in the future. We loved your pictures.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Called in advance to book room. Got there and front desk worker couldn't find our reservation. After 20 min, she recalled that she forgot to write it down. Was very apologetic. Room was musty and smelled like old cigarette smoke. Pool was dirty and had sand in bottom. Breakfast was good. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you so very much for your review. Our goal is to make every guest stay as pleasurable as possible. I am always so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I would truly be interested in more details about your check in experience as this sounds like a training opportunity for our staff. I hope we will be able to serve you again should you be back in our area, it would truly be our pleasure to do so. If you would be so kind as to reach out to myself, I would like to send you a discount on your next visit.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The pool and spa area needs updating. Yet, the customer service and staff was good. I enjoyed the food yet, the selection was limited. The bacon was not crispy and the Danishes were not fresh. The breakfast space was small and cramp there need to be enough space to accommodate the guest. There was a shelf for towels in the pool area yet, there was not enough towels for the guest using the pool. The service desk was unattended often. It's not a hotel I want to revisit.

Room Tip: When choose the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey in regards to your stay, and we are very happy that the service of our staff was a positive experience for you. We value your comments and it will greatly help us with our future improvements in November that will incorporate the pool and the Breakfast area. I am terribly sorry that the Bacon was not crisp we increased the cooking time and the other guest are loving it since your comment. I would love the opportunity to make this up to you, if you would reach out to myself I would do anything to accomplish that. It is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations. If there is anything at all that we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable please let us know

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel is small but has a commanding presence and overshadows the other hotels that surround it. Parking is free and the Front Desk staff (that I met) was friendly. My flight from JFK to Nashville was cancelled because of "bad weather" and a quick call to the Fairfield resulted in an adjustment to my original reservation so that I didn't get charged for the night that I was stuck in NYC. My room was a good size but most of all the bed was comfy.

Complementary breakfast made a good start to my days - cereal, baked goods, tea, etc., were great but The Fairfield scrambled eggs made from powder and processed sausage patties left much to be desired. Overall, I had a wonderful stay and even though I checked out at 3am - the process was pleasant, efficient and quick.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the car park and highway but the room was still quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to write your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love to hear that our staff was able to exceed your expectations, as it is our number one goal to deliver our guest the highest level of service. You will be pleased to know that we truly value your comments on our breakfast and plan to switch to new products beginning tomorrow in hopes of offering a much better product to our valued guests. Please let us know if there is anything at all that we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future to experience our new and improved breakfast products.