“Excellent breakfast lady at this hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
“Excellent breakfast lady at this hotel”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Julie Hernandez the breakfast lady keeps everything very clean and makes sure everyone gets feed well offered to make our waffles. Big help with having kids!

Best attitude I have seen at a hotel by far, manager was very nice too and told u's about this site when we told him she souls get a raise!

• Stayed November 2011
FairfieldGM051, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Dayton Family,
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful compliments on Trip Advisor! We are thrilled that you had such a fantastic experience at breakfast with Julie. We’re very lucky to have her as a co-worker, and I have told her how helpful she was to you and your family. All of our co-workers strive to provide excellent customer service to our guests, and it is our goal to give everyone a positive experience like yours. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I love staying at Marriott brand hotels and have come to expect a certain level from them. With that said, I stopped at this Fairfield Inn for a night on my way through. It was late when I arrived and there was nobody at the front desk, nor was there a bell or even a note. I stood there waiting for more than 5 minutes before the desk clerk arrived. She seemed irritated that I was there. After getting to the room I was a bit surprised at how "cheap" it looked. The light by my bed was held together with black electrical tape. The shower was made for short people - which I am but my 6' husband had to do the limbo to wash his hair. The breakfast didn't offer much of a selection and the coffee tasted burned.

The hotel is in a great location if you are passing through. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and I felt safe staying there. I just shared the bad parts to show that there are some.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank burkehouse
FairfieldGM051, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously, and we appreciate being notified of what areas we can improve upon. I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfactory experience at our hotel. It is unacceptable that you were not greeted at the front desk upon your arrival and had to wait so long for our front desk representative to check you into the hotel. It is even more unacceptable that the front desk representative seemed irritated and did not greet you with a smile and offer you excellent customer service. I can assure you that the level of customer service you received that night is not the usual level of customer service we provide to our guests. This situation has been addressed with our front desk staff and will not happen again.

I apologize that you were not 100% pleased with your room. We normally do not place guests in rooms that are receiving minor repairs, nor do we normally place our guests into handicap accessible rooms (unless it is requested), but the hotel room availability was limited during the time of your stay. I understand your frustration with our front desk staff, but we do encourage our guests to notify us upon walking into their rooms if they are dissatisfied so that we can try our best to offer different accommodations.

Finally, I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our breakfast. It is unacceptable that your coffee tasted as though it was burned - that is a terrible way to start off the morning. We do try to offer our guests a variety of breakfast items including a selection of fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, breads, grits, waffles, as well as hard boiled eggs, omelet pitas, and Jimmy Dean sausage and biscuit sandwiches. On the weekends we also offer sausage and gravy. If you have other suggestions of what we can offer for breakfast, I would be more than happy to hear them and see if we can include them in our selection.

Thank you for your compliments on the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel. I will inform my housekeeping staff of your opinion. Once again, I am very sorry that we did not offer you the experience that you expected and deserved.
Lewisburg, West Virginia
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed here on business for two nights. The hotel seems to be one of the older Fairfields and it is in good condition. There was a dehumidifier in my room which makes me think there might be some moisture issues with the hotel. I did notice the wall paper in the bath had been changed. I was unable to see anything wrong. My room was of good size with king bed. All the amenities were in good working order. My room had a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom was not terribly large but it wasn't tiny either. The tub/shower and toilet were in a separate room from the sink. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were not lumpy. The hotel had a pool and fitness center. These areas were standard for a Fairfield and in working order. Breakfast is included in the rate and in also a standard offering for Fairfield. I had good service at this hotel. My key never worked so I had to have the front desk re-cut it to get into my room. My room was located accross from the elevator which was a little noisy. I would recomend a different area of the hotel. I was unable to hear any road nosie. The hotel is located immediately off of I-24. There are several restaurants and shopping centers located near the hotel.The highway off the interstate immediately outside the hotel is astonishingly busy! Regardless, I feel this was a good chioce for a hotel.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room that is not on the first floor near the elevator. Its not the elevator that'...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
FairfieldGM051, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. I apologize that your room key did not work at first, but I am glad that our front desk representative was able to help you in a timely manner. We pride ourselves on customer service excellence, and it is our goal to make sure each of our guests has a positive experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
MONTREAL
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at this hotel recently while visiting Nashville, we had a king bed spa suite room, which was great, very spacious, a microwave and fridge... The room was very clean and quiet(we did not face the highway but the parking lot). The only thing that I would suggest about the room location is to ask for a room that is not on the 1st floor, we had a few bugs that came into our room which were probably either from the air conditioner or the fact that we were near the side door of the hotel. The breakfast was unbelievable hard boiled eggs/breakfast sandwiches/fruit/yogurt/waffles.... The staff was very helpful and friendly and the hotel is right beside many shops and restaurants such as Super Target/Kohl's/Red Robin...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience at our hotel and were satisfied with your room. I apologize that you found several bugs in your room - I have reported this to our maintenence staff and they will investigate. I'm glad you were pleased with the variety of breakfast foods we offer our guests, and I am even more pleased to know that our staff provided you with great service, which is something we take pride in. We hope to see you again soon!
Cheektowaga, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Stayed downtown Mariott for 2 days and Fairfield for the the last, loved the Fairfield. Great staff, rooms immaculate, easily to find, and wonderful buffet breakfast. Would stay again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor! We take out guests' feedback very seriously, and we are glad that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. A positive experience like yours is what we strive to provide to all our guests, I hope you will stay with us again soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I am a huge fan of Marriott hotels....usually. That being said, I could not have been more disappointed in the Fairfield Inn in Smyrna. For the price I paid, I could have gotten more space and a much lower price at Motel 6! If you are going to be spending more than one night, I definitely would stay away from this hotel. I was there for three nights and had absolutely no room for any of my toiletries and barely enough room for my buiness equipment.
Furthermore, the entrance is interesting to maneuver when trying to get a luggage cart through it! There are two manual doors leading into the foyer and then one single manual door to enter the lobby. I'm sure I looked pretty comical trying to open each door and push/pull my luggage cart through! Once I finally found the elevator, I was afraid the luggage cart would not fit inside of it as it was so small, not to mention the fact that I was blocking the entire hallway as I waited with my luggage cart for the elevator.
Honestly, the only great thing about this hotel was the staff. Had the staff not been friendly and accommodating, I would have checked out of the hotel after my first night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank angelfitz
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I'm very sorry your stay at our hotel was dissatisfactory due to the amount of space in the room and the elevator. Had you reported the issue to the front desk staff they would have been happy to assist you with finding another room. I am pleased to hear that the service our hotel staff provided was above average. We pride ourselves on customer service excellence, and it is our goal to make sure each of our guests has a positive experience at our hotel. If you do return to our hotel, please let us know what we can do to ensure a great night's stay.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Nice rooms, friendly staff, clean, flat panel tv, breakfast. Above average for a Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank AustinBizTraveler
FairfieldGM051, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
I am thrilled you had an above average experience during your stay with us here in Smyrna! This is what we strive for for all of our guests. Finding value in your choices for lodging is a very rewarding feeling! Thank you so much for posting your recent experience on Trip Advisor! The feed back we receive is a valuable tool we share with our staff.

Thanks again.