“Very average hotel that didn't have the Marriott feel to it.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We tagged along with my husband who had to be in Nashville for 2 days of work meetings and extended our stay to 4 nights, since it fell during the kids spring break. We upgraded to a suite room so the kids (4&7) could spread out. The couch was very uncomfortable to sit on and especially to sleep on. There was a DVD in the room which was nice for the kids down time. The king size bed was ok- not super comfortable- but tolerable. The room itself was stucco walls and just not very warm and inviting- it was a very basic hotel room- that made us want to not spend any time inside. It was not dirty- but not super clean either. We found a pop lid and some other trash in our room but the bathroom was clean. Our room did not face the freeway, but I can see where it would be VERY noisy if the room was on that side because it is RIGHT on the exit ramp.

The kids were most excited to do some indoor swimming, however the first day went to the pool and it was so cold that the oldest was in for ten mins before being done and the youngest had no desire to even get in it was so cold. The pool was out of service the remainder of our stay which was VERY disappointing. We would have chosen another hotel because the kids were really wanting to swim.

The location was about 30 mins from downtown Nashville, which was where we headed every day. Traffic on 24 can be quite a mess during rush hours. We stayed out here to be close to where my husband had meetings. We loved the Adventure Science Museum and had fun at a Predators game (NHL). The Nashville Zoo is relatively new and does not have a ton of animals, but it is well themed and the perfect smaller size for our kids.

The morning breakfast was very nice and the staff were all very helpful. The kids loved coming in during the afternoon when there was popcorn and cookies out in the lobby.

I would probably try another hotel off the exit if I ever had to come back to this part of Nashville again, as there are many hotels in the area. We chose this because of being Marriott Rewards members and showing our brand loyalty. We have never stayed at a Fairfield Inn and will likely not do so again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from I-24 & use AAA.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
FairfieldGM051, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Wow! It sounds like you had a lot of fun while you were visiting Nashville with all the activites you listed. I am glad a suite was availabe to you. They can make such a difference when needing to spread out and get comfy. At our property the decor is the Green Tea package which is typical of what you find in most Fairfield Inns. There are some exciting new specs of color and design when it is time to renovate. I aplogize the pool was not available during your stay. Unfortunatly we do have to take it down to work on it periodically. Cookies and popcorn are regular items in the afternoon that our guests look forward to.

I thank you for your feedback. It is a valuable tool as we strive to give and improve great customer service .

Reviewed March 26, 2011

This hotel is located off Interstae 24. It is so close to the expressway that truck traffic kept us awake most of the night. My teenage daughters said the pool was disgusting, slimy and dirty. The hot tub was out of order. The shower head was only 5 feet above the tub so I had to bend over to get my head under the spray. On the positive side the staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. This is a good location for restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
FairfieldGM051, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

I am very glad to know our staff was was friendley and you enjoyed our continental breakfast. I apologize you weren't able to take full advantge of our pool and spa wich are nice when in working condition. Being directly off the highway, so close to shopping and nice variety of resteraunts we are relief to most travelers looking for a familiar hotel brand on a long trip. However, I could appreciate how the highway noise could be a distraction. I, personally am such a light sleeper I have to travel everywhere with my trusty earplugs! Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed February 1, 2011

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites during a short trip to the Smyrna, TN area. All I can say is "WOW!" This hotel came highly recommended by several colleagues of mine. I actually called them during the trip to thank them for the recommendation. The staff absolutely blew me out of the water with their southern hospitality. Everyone was kind and helpful. I stayed in an Executive King Room and it was the definition of clean and comfortable! The fitness center was open 24 hours, which was very convenient for a lady on the road who cares about her figure! The breakfast was full of different options- both hot and cold!! Coffee is available 24 hours and when I returned to the hotel in the evening, the staff was even preparing popcorn and cookies for everyone! You can't beat a place like this. I highly recommend anyone traveling to the area stays there.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DebraJane26

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay! It is comments like these that make our job worth while in knowing we have made our guests truly happy. If you are ever in Smynra TN, for your travels again I hope you will stay with us.
Thank you so much for your post on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed August 13, 2010

While on business in Smyrna, I chose to stay at this hotel becasue of the Mariott name. Clean hotel, descent breakfast and felt secure there. It was a last minute reservation and upon arriving, I got room 310 and it must have been the smallest room there. I could of used a refrigerator. This room is directly beside and behind the main elevator. Kind of small. Although I did not hear the elevator. I am sure a different room would have made this stay a little more enjoyable. Overall, I would stay there again, just not that room. It was not busy that night so I don't think it was the only room left.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
FairfieldGM051, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2010

I am glad many points of your stay were positive. I hope you will visit us again in Smyrna, TN. If so, I would love to offer you a larger room equipped with a mini frige and microwave. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

This hotel would be fine for business because the price was reasonable, the breakfast was good, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, it was quiet, and they offer high speed internet. We had to "steal" towels from pool area to bathe with because the room was not cleaned the entire stay (3 days). I complained about this also, but never got towels or a housekeeper! However, I would not reccommend it to anyone wanting to swim. The pool area is hotter than the inside of a car in the sun! The pool water was as hot as bathwater, and the hot tub was impossible to get into due to how hot the room was. I complained and maintenence cracked open the outside door and put a fan in the room; which I must mention that the unshaded patio (in June) was cooler than the pool room! The pool was also very small and shallow. I would not reccommend this hotel to families, but would reccommend it for business.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

I apologize you had issues with housekeeping and the pool area! We always provide daily housekeeping service (unless the do not disturb is posted) for our stayovers and your issue should have been addressed. The pool and spa area's humidity and temp have been adjusted to quite comfortable now and I apologize you didn't get to experience in full how relaxing it is. I hope you will give us another chance to do a better job serving you in the future. We strive for excellent customer service and satisfaction.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

The breakfast bar was kept well stocked during breakfast hours. Indoor pool was very clean with well maintained exercise equipment. Room was clean and a request for extra pillows provided.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
MrsParris, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2010

Thank you for your kind comments! We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2010

Everything was perfect! My entire stay was filled with friendly smiles from great people. I stayed at the Fairfield for several days on a business trip and enjoyed the free cookies and popcorn each evening. From the comfortable bed, jacuzzi tub and fast wifi my business trip went a lot smoother than planned. thanks fairfield!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
GeneralManager810, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind response. We truly make guest service our number one priority each and every day here at the Fairfield. Weekly I read our reviews to my entire staff and to know how pleased our guest's are with us really motivates us to excel in great hospitality. Thank you again for your response and we'll make sure to have some warm cookies and hot popcorn when you return back here to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Smyrna TN!