“Do not stay here!”

Comfort Suites Smyrna
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed March 4, 2010

We decided to stay here after watching this new hotel go up during previous visits. It was a terrible decision. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a woman behind the desk that had her two children running around the lobby, climbing on the furniture and being loud. The room was not very clean and there was only luke warm hot water. We checked out the next morning vowing to never stay there again. A few weeks later our credit care bill arrived. The room charge was on there as expected but there was an additional charge of $150! It took several phone calls to the hotel and one to the corporate offices to get someone to tell us what this charge was for. We were told that it was a charge for smoking in a non-smoking room. Only one problem, my wife and I don't smoke and we have never smoked. I argued with them and they were very rude. I kept asking for the manager or owner to call me. Days went by and I finally got the manager on the phone. When I told her that I was not going to pay for smoking in the room, she changed her story. Now, the charge was for a broken lamp! We did not break anything while we were there and I refused to pay for it. The manager was even more rude than the other people and hung up on me several times. I protested the charge with my credit card company. Traveller beware! Read the other reviews as well.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because of a coupon that we received at a rest stop for $79. When I called to make the reservations that girl advised me that it was a mistake on the price and that she would have to charge me $10 more than what the coupon had stated. When I arrived at the hotel I asked for her to keep the price the same as the advertisement but she refused. After staying the night got up to take a shower but no hot water. There was just luke warm water. When I advised the front desk the clerk said hewould advised management but that was it. There was no apology or anything. He asked if I enjoyed my stay and I advised him that the room was nice but the cold shower was not so nice. He said ok have a good day. I was just very dissapointed after such a nice hotel but not such a great stay and not keeping good on the coupon

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2009

It is a new place and through several visits to the area I saw it being built. Myself and two other associates chose it because on a short notice everything else was booked solid. The place apears nice at first, but then you start noticing major problems. All three of us did not have hot water to take a shower the first day (night and morning). We coplained in the morning at the front desk and we were assured it will be taken care of. Well. it was not! The same thing happened the next day. The hotel cleanliness is very poor and you see it as soon as you enter the elevator. Spots, stains and spit all over the stainless steel. The breakfast is marginal at best. The in-room coffee is an absolute disaster. The hotel staff is non existent. There appears to be one person who is marginally professional at the front desk. I have made multiple attempts to contact the hotel management following my visit, but I have never received a call back. The hotel corporate office can do very little as each hotel is independently owned and operated. Do not let the looks fool you, this is a bad place.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2009

From the day we first called to make our reservations until the night we returned home we had problems with this hotel. Our first problem was getting the rate that was promised to us because we were with a wedding party. They messed up our bill several times and did not get it fixed until we returned home after our trip. The breakfast was terrible and a huge mess, if you got there after 8am there was no food left. The water in the hot tub had too much chlorine in it and bleached our bathing suites. They had direct tv but didn't have espn, so the guys were very unhappy about that! Although this hotel was very new, it was not worth all the hassle we had to deal. I would not stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Hotel was very nice with great staff. Was here for abt a week and had a great experience. Rooms were clean, roomy, and def worth the price. Will come back again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2009

This was absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in for the price. On the phone I was quoted a price of 89.00, only to get there and be charged 119.00. This is a new hotel, which is my my husband and I stayed, but it was not clean at all. The room was dirty, the breakfast area was filthy and the young woman running the hotel was very rude.
There were no napkins, cream cheese for the bagels, no syrup for the waffles and the food was horrible. There was only one person working in the whole hotel and her attitude was rotten. Lastly, The computer in the lobby had suggestive pictures of naked women on the screen. Very unprofessional and definitely not worth the money. I will never stay thre again, nor would I recommend this smelly dump to anyone else.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I am really dissappointed by seeing some wrong comments against this hotel, and was really satisfied during the stay in last week of October here.
The greeting at the front desk on arrival was supportive until I got into the room and all night long untill we slept peacefully. The rooms had all the requirements, hot water, free cable, and then they smell brand new. In the morning we were served with hot continental breakfast containing scrambled eggs, Bacon and sausages, which looked so fresh. Along with that hot supreme coffee, decaf and variety of teas were available to be chosen from, plus fruits,muffins,biscuits,orange and apple juice were also in the list.
The fitness centre is right next to the swimming pool, which has a hot tub in it and a large space surrounding it to chill out whole day.
All hotels have their many good days with a large number of satisfied guests and a very few selected days with unsatisfied customers. Maybe It was just the time and situation which might have lead to change in a routine of such a hard working staff.
"I think its harsh to write a bad comment on such a nice place"

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo