Comfort Suites Smyrna
GardenInn.com
$108
Hotels.com
$65
All reviewshotel coupon bookfull hot breakfastwould stay here againbreakfast areabreakfast was excellentroad tripspacious roomgreat roompleasant staynashvillegrandsonsofachain
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We only stayed one night, the shower head was loose and coming out of the wall. poorly lite room, stale odor, loud room a/c and fan, had a smaller bathroom, bad TV reception, no lids for coffee, but they did have flavored coffee creamers. The beds were higher then normal, could of used a step stool, but they were comfy. They did have a mirror in the entry way, for people like myself, with poor vision, it helps to be able to get close to a mirror, unfortunately, the entry way is poorly lite. There was a fridge, freezer and microwave. I will say the gentleman that checked us in was not very friendly, we are a reward member and were told that we were not able to get reward points for our stay for we used one of those 'walk in coupons from those motel flyer books'. We use them all the time, this is the first time that we were not able to get reward points for our stay. The room we stayed in was upstairs away from the main road, so it was quite as long as we had the fan in the room off. There were lots of places to eat, shop and stay at this exit (66) off of I-24.

Room Tip: Top floor and end room was quite
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your response and thank you for staying with us. Regarding your stay, while some good and some bad experience, we strive for perfection. Regarding the bad lighting in the room, we have replaced all the bulbs with higher wattage. Regarding the bed, we now have all new mattress per choice hotels standard. We hope that you will try us again as we have upgraded all new amenities.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed in room 206. The hotel room was nasty. The comforter had stains all over it. The floor was so dirty I did not take my shoes off when walking on it. The bathroom floor had brown stains on the floor leading to the tub. The towels had brown debris sitting on it...management was an Indian guy who was rude.

• Stayed: March 2014
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I would like to thank you for your comments as we do appreciate both constructive and positive comments to help us become a better hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Regarding your stay in room number 206, Specifically flooring and linen, we would like to apologize. I have shared your comment with the housekeeping staff and have them detail each and every room.

Thanks again and we hope you stay with us the next time you are in town. Botched out service is not what we follow. We strive for satisfaction to our guest and therefore we appreciate your constructive comments.

Comfort Suites, Smyrna,Tn

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were driving Florida and this was a perfect spot for us located on the south side of Nashville. The rooms were clean and decorated nicely. The night staff and morning staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast are was good and well stocked by staff. We would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Kind Regards,

Comfort Suites, Smyrna,TN

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Visually a nice hotel inside and out.
The A/C & Heating unit filter was nasty dirty as is the intake louvers which NEED to be Vacuumed! I have photos. The bedding has stains on the white sheets that are very noticeable.
Love the nice fridge with freezer.
Very comfortable bed and pillows.
Nice TV with local channels.
Plenty of lighting and electrical outlets for charging phones and tablets.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Kevin,

WE have looked at your issue on the A/C filters and we will get it corrected rightaway.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Suites, Smyrna,TN

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Since we were charged UP FRONT for our complete stay (2 weeks), we had no choice but to stay at this hotel!!! If you don't want to read all of my comment (although you should) THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!

My gut feeling was right...when I spoke to Sam, "Manager", to book my room over the phone & was ABSOLUTELY NO HELP...I knew I shouldn't stay there. But the price was all we could afford! Firstly, Sam couldn't talk prices with me on the room because his "system was down" and gave me corporate's number to call. After my pleasant talk with corporate, they gave me a very reasonable, discounted price for the company we were there to service for 2 weeks. So after speaking to my co-worker on the rates, I called the hotel to book the room and once again, SAM answers. I tell him the dates to book, the company we were working for, and he gives me a much inflated, nightly rate. (WAY MORE THAN CORPORATE) I told him the rate that corporate gave was much less, and he ARGUES with me that they couldn't possibly have that rate in their system! SERIOUSLY?!? A WORLDWIDE COMPANY!!! I politely refused to pay his rate (since he refused to listen or compromise with me) so he RUDELY told me to call corporate again to get that rate!!!! This should have been ANOTHER BIG RED FLAG!! But again, we couldn't afford the other hotels near by. So, I called corporate and got the previous rate that I got the week before and reluctantly booked it. UGH!!!!!

Upon our midnight arrival, there were NO CARS in the parking lot at check-in, so we asked for a room on floor 1 or 2 and SAM said there weren't any available (WOW! Where are these imaginary people??), the always-cold breakfast was terrible and some mornings it was put away before the 9AM STOP TIME (ridiculous), our room wasn't cleaned on a daily basis (I have pics to prove it, because SAM told me he couldn't come to our room to check, since the cleaning ladies were gone and there was no one to man the front desk) ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? YOU ARE THE MANAGER!!!!!!, our air conditioner stopped working (SAM tried to fix & couldn't so we changed rooms), we never had enough towels for 2 women (2-3 at a time with 2 queen-bed suite), the toilet paper was SANDPAPER, "love-bugs" ALL OVER OUR ROOM (15 of them), trash left in our room after the "cleaning ladies" left our room after attempting to make our beds since we complained, and lastly, had a BIRTHDAY delivery for my roommate (that was retuned), because SAM didn't know the name of my roommate (although the delivery guy had MY name and MY ROOM number). DO YOU SEE THE COMMON DENOMINATOR???????

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!! I have to stay in hotels all over the country every week & I have NEVER HAD A WORSE EXPERIENCE!!!! It is worth the extra money to stay at any of the 7 hotels on that same street!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for your very detailed review.
On behalf of The Comfort Suites Hotel in Smyrna Tennessee, please accept our apology for your unpleasent stay with us recently.

We strive to ensure our patrons' experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.
We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Below, we have addressed each issue you have brought to our attention:

Regarding your unsatisfying experience with the rates, we would like to inform you that our corporate office handles any and all company rates. To recieve the company rate you requested, the reservation needed to be made with corporate. Although we honored your rate anyway, we would like to apologize for this inconvienence.

Regarding the poor breakfast experience we apologize that our breakfast time (6:00am-9:00am) didn't meet your standards. As for the "always-cold breakfast" we hope you can accept our deepest apologies and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We observed you arriving for breakfast some mornings right at 10:15am after the food warmers have been turned off. We have noted your comment about closing breakfast early and taken action by enforcing new morning breakfast rules for our employees.

Furthermore regarding your concern about up front charges for your stay is a misunderstanding. At check-in we authorize your credit card for sufficiency and we finalize the total bill at check out. This is a normal standard practice in the hospitality industry.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Director of Sales