“Disgusting hotel!!”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
indianapolis
“Disgusting hotel!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed in room 206. The hotel room was nasty. The comforter had stains all over it. The floor was so dirty I did not take my shoes off when walking on it. The bathroom floor had brown stains on the floor leading to the tub. The towels had brown debris sitting on it...management was an Indian guy who was rude.

• Stayed March 2014
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, March 5, 2014

I would like to thank you for your comments as we do appreciate both constructive and positive comments to help us become a better hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Regarding your stay in room number 206, Specifically flooring and linen, we would like to apologize. I have shared your comment with the housekeeping staff and have them detail each and every room.

Thanks again and we hope you stay with us the next time you are in town. Botched out service is not what we follow. We strive for satisfaction to our guest and therefore we appreciate your constructive comments.

Comfort Suites, Smyrna,Tn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were driving Florida and this was a perfect spot for us located on the south side of Nashville. The rooms were clean and decorated nicely. The night staff and morning staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast are was good and well stocked by staff. We would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, February 25, 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Visually a nice hotel inside and out.
The A/C & Heating unit filter was nasty dirty as is the intake louvers which NEED to be Vacuumed! I have photos. The bedding has stains on the white sheets that are very noticeable.
Love the nice fridge with freezer.
Very comfortable bed and pillows.
Nice TV with local channels.
Plenty of lighting and electrical outlets for charging phones and tablets.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Kevin,

WE have looked at your issue on the A/C filters and we will get it corrected rightaway.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Since we were charged UP FRONT for our complete stay (2 weeks), we had no choice but to stay at this hotel!!! If you don't want to read all of my comment (although you should) THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!

My gut feeling was right...when I spoke to Sam, "Manager", to book my room over the phone & was ABSOLUTELY NO HELP...I knew I shouldn't stay there. But the price was all we could afford! Firstly, Sam couldn't talk prices with me on the room because his "system was down" and gave me corporate's number to call. After my pleasant talk with corporate, they gave me a very reasonable, discounted price for the company we were there to service for 2 weeks. So after speaking to my co-worker on the rates, I called the hotel to book the room and once again, SAM answers. I tell him the dates to book, the company we were working for, and he gives me a much inflated, nightly rate. (WAY MORE THAN CORPORATE) I told him the rate that corporate gave was much less, and he ARGUES with me that they couldn't possibly have that rate in their system! SERIOUSLY?!? A WORLDWIDE COMPANY!!! I politely refused to pay his rate (since he refused to listen or compromise with me) so he RUDELY told me to call corporate again to get that rate!!!! This should have been ANOTHER BIG RED FLAG!! But again, we couldn't afford the other hotels near by. So, I called corporate and got the previous rate that I got the week before and reluctantly booked it. UGH!!!!!

Upon our midnight arrival, there were NO CARS in the parking lot at check-in, so we asked for a room on floor 1 or 2 and SAM said there weren't any available (WOW! Where are these imaginary people??), the always-cold breakfast was terrible and some mornings it was put away before the 9AM STOP TIME (ridiculous), our room wasn't cleaned on a daily basis (I have pics to prove it, because SAM told me he couldn't come to our room to check, since the cleaning ladies were gone and there was no one to man the front desk) ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? YOU ARE THE MANAGER!!!!!!, our air conditioner stopped working (SAM tried to fix & couldn't so we changed rooms), we never had enough towels for 2 women (2-3 at a time with 2 queen-bed suite), the toilet paper was SANDPAPER, "love-bugs" ALL OVER OUR ROOM (15 of them), trash left in our room after the "cleaning ladies" left our room after attempting to make our beds since we complained, and lastly, had a BIRTHDAY delivery for my roommate (that was retuned), because SAM didn't know the name of my roommate (although the delivery guy had MY name and MY ROOM number). DO YOU SEE THE COMMON DENOMINATOR???????

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!! I have to stay in hotels all over the country every week & I have NEVER HAD A WORSE EXPERIENCE!!!! It is worth the extra money to stay at any of the 7 hotels on that same street!!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your very detailed review.
On behalf of The Comfort Suites Hotel in Smyrna Tennessee, please accept our apology for your unpleasent stay with us recently.

We strive to ensure our patrons' experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.
We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Below, we have addressed each issue you have brought to our attention:

Regarding your unsatisfying experience with the rates, we would like to inform you that our corporate office handles any and all company rates. To recieve the company rate you requested, the reservation needed to be made with corporate. Although we honored your rate anyway, we would like to apologize for this inconvienence.

Regarding the poor breakfast experience we apologize that our breakfast time (6:00am-9:00am) didn't meet your standards. As for the "always-cold breakfast" we hope you can accept our deepest apologies and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We observed you arriving for breakfast some mornings right at 10:15am after the food warmers have been turned off. We have noted your comment about closing breakfast early and taken action by enforcing new morning breakfast rules for our employees.

Furthermore regarding your concern about up front charges for your stay is a misunderstanding. At check-in we authorize your credit card for sufficiency and we finalize the total bill at check out. This is a normal standard practice in the hospitality industry.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Director of Sales
Zach Dooley
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The room was real nice-Service seemed to be good-Their breakfast sucks which brings their rating down-As there's plenty of other hotels around the area for the same money that have a good breakfast-Would I stay again sure but I will go out for breakfast

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, November 24, 2013

We apologize for your breakfast experience. We are researching your issue on breakfast. Our normal hot breakfast includes,
scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, biscuits, donuts, muffins, bread, Waffles, sausage patty, ham, yogurt, coffee, milk, juice, varities of cereal, hard boiled eggs,etc...Again we will look into other varities to satisfy our guests.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 27, 2013

They didn't clean my room the whole time I was there. I asked for my room to be serviced when I left for the day and when I returned nothing had been touched. Talked to the front desk about the problem and was tolded there was nothing they could do because my room had been put on a do not clean list. So please don't go through what I had to it's not worth it. Plus you can't even charge thing to your room. And they have children working in the hotel cleaning rooms and taking out trash. I guess thats why things aren't done right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Teresa,

Regarding your stay with not getting the room cleaned, housekeeper notified us that there was a do not disturb sign on the door which is why housekeeper did not go in your room for privacy purposes. Front desk personell did provide you with all the items that you needed upon your request.

Comfort Suites, Smyrna,Tn
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I used Choice Privileges points here last night. Check-in was quick and easy. Rooms are furnished nicely, great beds and shower. I agree with other comments on here, the place isn't necessarily clean, it just happens to be new. My guess is the owner is cutting corners where they can to save money.
+nice gym
+ample parking
+nice furnishings
+breakfast was acceptable and breakfast server was very friendly
-energy-saving lights are shrill and harsh
- bathroom fixtures were damaged, hair dryer ripped off of wall, and our dresser/TV stand had a drawer fall off of it when we tried to open it.
-clerk at check-out was too busy surfing the Internet to be bothered by our questions. He had his coat on like he wasn't going to stay, was very short and rude and looked unprofessional.
So all in all, it got the job done, but visit quickly, this place is falling apart fast.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort Suites S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, October 13, 2013