“Horrible Pillows”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
HOWE
“Horrible Pillows”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Conveniently located and further away from the interstate comparing to other hotels. The price was ok, $105 tax included. Quiet rooms at the entrance side (away from I 24). It is clean and AC worked fine (too loud). Breakfast worse than in Holiday Inn Express, less items, but a lot of seating space. Parking well lit, secure. USA Today available daily.
The worst thing was to get a right position to sleep on their terrible pillows. Bring your own.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the entrance side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments as we do appreciate both constructive and positive comments to help us become a better hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Thanks again and we hope you stay with us the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Middle Tennessee
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The exterior and interior are nice. Apparently the walls are paper thin, I could not sleep with strange voices sounding as if they were in the room with you. There are no snacks in vending just drinks. Breakfast was low quality and cold. Not worth the price for this area at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Smyrna. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room and amenities. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We strive hard to make every stay a great experience and we will work hard to ensure that you and future guests are taken care of.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I travel for business and stay in Hotels 3-4 nights a week. The costomer service here is lacking very much. From the Manager to the night clerk they do not comunicate. They were all rude. Asked for a late checkout and was allowed one extra hour. At 7minutes after the original check out the front desk was calling to see about charging me for another night. When I asked about it the manager acted as if it was common practice. They are not in the hospitality business buth rather how much can I charge business. They will never have to worry about charging me again for anything.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank James B
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking a time to respond. I apologize for miscommunication between front desk clerks. Late check out is based on availability. WE had a full house coming in and based on that housekeeper needed time to clean the room before the reservation guest arrives.
Babylon, New York
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband travels for business Monday through Friday and earns lots of hotel points. This time we opted to stay (one night) at a Comfort Suites as we were traveling for the Christmas holidays. The room was a standard Comfort Suite room and was actually a little bigger than some of the others we have stayed at but the bathroom shower had not been cleaned nor had the toiletries been changed from the last guest's stay. The towels were like sandpaper and the breakfast bar was very slim on options and unappetizing to say the least (we ended up going to Cracker Barrel next door). There were lots of other hotels right in the same area so we will be choosing another establishment should our travels take us through Smyrna, TN again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2012

After trying a couple of already full hotels, we were able to get a room here, and were fine. The front desk staff was always nice and the room was clean and comfortable. The only problem we had was breakfast wasn't stocked well and they ran out of everything before someone went up to talk to someone to have it restocked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Bend, WI
Reviewed November 1, 2012

'stayed there while our kids were moving to a new house close by. Our suite was very nice. They could use a person besides the desk clerk to take care of the breakfast buffet. Decaf was missing many times and things needed to be filled more regularly. It is in a good location, just off I-24. There is a Ruby Tuesday and Cracker Barrel within walking distance--many other restaurants just down the road. Nice pool.

Room Tip: Book online, because even though we had stayed 3 nights using the online price--they would not give...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I had been on an extended road trip and this was the twefth night we had stayed in various hotels/motels. By far this was the most expensive, dirtiest and poorest service of all. When I checked us in the clerk quoted a price and I ask if they took AARP discounts and he said yes. When he gave me the credit card receipt to sign I questioned the price but he stated it was tax. The room was dirty and the bathtub/shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned from the previous visit. The sheets on the bed were too small and kept coming off the bed. The next day when checking out and I received the bill I noticed that he had not lowered the price for my AARP discount. The clerk on duty said she couldn't give me a credit but to leave my info and she would get the manager to fix. She stated that she didn't know why the bill was the price it was because it had been being lower. I later found out the manager is the one who checked me in. When I called back about the credit he tried to tell me he gave me the discount and refused to listen to anything I was trying to tell him. He was very rude. I had stayed in a Comfort Suites in South Bend, IN the night before for a much cheaper price and a much cleaner room.

Room Tip: Find another hotel/motel that the staff we treat you as a customer and not be rude.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family