“Good hotel away from the noise”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smyrna-Nashville Area
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good hotel away from the noise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

Nice hotel. clean, neat, comfy bed. pool and jacuzzi very nice. Only 1 small miscommunication for checkout, but all was taken care of. No complaints. I think, tho they should lower the price a smidge.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

Reading other reviews I was apprehensive staying here but we were pleasantly surprised. Not only did we receive exceptional service, the room was perfect - clean, huge, comfortable, etc. It's a roadside hotel, one of a half dozen clustered together but we were near a few good restaurants (O'Charleys across the street and Ruby Tuesday around the corner). The breakfast in the morning was exceptional, although the eggs were extremely buttery (southern style?).
The only negative was the A/C unit (too loud!) but seems to be the norm staying at HI Express.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
cola, sc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

I stayed here in July of 2010 while on a business trip to Nashville. The staff are clueless. The foriegn operations manager is rude and a liar. I was over charged, lied to and talked down to. The room was dirty, the bathroom on 2 different floors smelled like raw sewage. Pool test strip from CDC revealed unsafe levels. Dirt in bed. Loud roadway. 2 cars broken into in the parking lot during the night. One more exit up, there is a really nice embassy suites for the same price and less depending on the room. Called the guest services hotline and got no where. the holiday inn promise is bull that they will not live up to.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

Stayed here for one night & sure wish I stayed longer. The staff was very warm, friendly & accommodating. Especially Alex, who I dealt with arriving very late at night. The hotel was beautiful. It was very new and had an ultra contemporary design. Kudos to the design team that put this together. I had received a complimentary upgrade to a suite, which was unexpected and very much appreciated. The room was spacious and lovely. I am very accustom to fridges & microwaves when I travel & was so glad I had both in the room. I very much would go back and would say "Job well done, folks."

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

We stayed here on our way home from Florida. After a very long day, this hotel was an oasis! It is brand new. The pool was very nice and a good temperature. The staff was very nice and willing to help us out. In fact, I ran out of milk for my daughter (2yr old) and they gave me a small bottle of milk to fill her cup so I didn't have to go to a store and buy some. LIFESAVER! There is a Ruby Tuesday just 2 hotels down that had excellant service. It was so nice to have everything close at hand. Just a note, the queen suites do not have a sleeper sofa. Only the King suites so we had to pay 10.00 for a roll away. I would positively stay here again

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

I canceled a reservation I had made, and later found a charge on my credit card for $126. I found my cancellation number and called the hotel to give it to them. The GM, Ashish Bass, called me back and stated that I only canceled 1 of the 3 rooms reserved. I had 3 rooms reserved, but I called and canceled my RESERVATION, the confirmation number I was given. The GM proceeded to tell me that I should have requested that I wanted all 3 rooms canceled. ?????

AGAIN, I explained...I called to cancel the reservation, gave the person my reservation number, and received my cancellation number. Why would I call and cancel my reservation, but only cancel one room? Furthermore, if I had 3 rooms reserved and only canceled one room, why wasn't I charged for 2 rooms? The GM told me he would call me back in 15 minutes when, "he made his decision." His decision? What decision was there to make? I canceled my reservation. I should not have been charged.

He called back and continued to question me about the date I called to cancel, the reason I canceled, and asked me to confirm AGAIN the confirmation and cancellation numbers, after I already gave that information to a very understanding and apologetic person at the front desk named Darcel.

It was explained to me by the corporate office, not even the GM who was responsible for the matter, that the computer system generated a duplicate reservation by default when the cancellation was made. What does that mean? Every time someone cancels, their computer system automatically reserves the room again, so they can charge a "no show" fee, and hope the person doesn't keep track of the cancellation number?

Overall, the people I contacted in an attempt to resolve this manner were not helpful at all, except Darcel the front desk employee. He seemed to be the only one that admitted that a mistake was made, and didn't have to take an entire day to figure it out. He was also the only one that said they were sorry, or acted apologetic in any way. All others either tried to blame it on a computer, blame me??, or casually brush off the responsibility using typical corporate jargon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

Since the opening of the Holiday Inn Express Smyrna, TN I personally I have stayed many nights there at this Hotel on personal business and have always had outstanding customer service. The staff at this hotel have always gone out of their way to provide the maximum service this hotel provides.

As far as business I have a number of my co-workers, subordinates and superiors stay at this hotel since the opening of it as well over the past year and have been afforded the best service of any of the hotels in the area to include other near by towns.

My (Co-workers etc) have gone on and on about how much better this hotel is over near by hotels and have addressed this to myself always complimenting the Holiday Inn Express.
They (co-workers) have expressed such a sigh of relief finding this hotel as we have used various hotels for housing our employees for training etc.

The number one name always as taking such great care and or orchestrated such great service is the Director of Sales Amanda Parker.

Ms Parker has been the lead person in always welcoming my personnel who are there at least a few times a month.

Ms Parker is always very personable and friendly and sets a standard for her employees to follow and in turn express with thier great customer service/relations.

I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express of Smyrna, TN to any and all and frequently do when the matter comes up for traveling to that area.

Ms Parker has set an excellent standard for the other Holiday Inn properties to follow

Great job to the wonderful staff and management of the Holiday Inn Express Smyrna, TN.

As long as my personnel are staying at this hotel I will frequently update my review of this great facility.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business