“Trailer Park”

White Possum
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Smithville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Typical of small town "Seafood Restaurants". The average price per meal was $10 plus drinks, the "crab legs" were $20, the servers (teenage girls) had no idea what utensils went with seafood. The service is awful, the food is served cold, and late. (Noticed the locals got there food first). The menu has no drink selection, at lunch time they were "just ran out" of 3 of the four side dishes. $100 & we stopped at a fast food place right afterwords because the kids were starving. My bet is that anyone who gives this place a good rating, is either a local, or has no idea what a restaurant is supposed to be like. One of those bucket list items, you regret....

2  Thank Cynthea G

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was one of the worst dining experiences I've had. First off, I must mention that I was in a party of 12 and it was a Friday. BUT, the service was awful, the food wasn't served at the same time and the orders were wrong, there was zero customization to the menu and the prices were incredibly for the quality. We waited over an hour for our meals as well.

DO NOT EAT HERE!!!

4  Thank vtbrooklyn04
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We always thoroughly enjoy our meal when we get to eat at the White Possum Grille. The food is so good that my mouth waters when I think of the beef teryaki I had the first time I was there. The menu is so packed with good meals, it will take quite a few visits before we get to try all the choices we like! It is a great place to take friends or family, whether you are celebrating and want a special meal, or just out for a bite to eat. If you go out on Friday night, try to get there before the crowd!

1  Thank AnneThiel
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went here with two friends and we had a wonderful time. The food was good and the service great. The fried pickles were awesome!! and so was the spinach dip, for starters. I had the Moonshiner steak and it was tender and delicious. Well, be going back and taking my family.

1  Thank luvs2travel_0107
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We went camping at center hill ragland bottoms and we're looking for somewhere close for a good meal. I checked trip advisor and read the reviews of this place...we went by the night before to check it out and pick up a menu to review. Looked good and the trip advisor reviews were good so we went. Absolutely great food...good variety to suit all tastes ..the fried pickles we're the best we had ever eaten...steaks with marinades were awesome and the desserts are to die for? Owner came by to check on us and he was a super young man. Very personable and knows his business. The building lacks the character this place deserves..but he told us he was searching for a new one. Food is worth the trip from anywhere to try...highly recommend trying anything on the menu..you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank kade435